"Spencer, I swear to God, you are too stubborn."

Who do you think you are?
Running around leaving scars
Collecting your jar or hearts
And tearing love apart

Spencer had gone back to school after a week with Izzy weighing options and deciding what they should do. Toby had
called twice but Spencer wished for more as she always did.

"So, did you tell the boyfriend yet?" Izzy whispered to Spencer during class.

"No."

"Are you serious?" Izzy pressed.

Spencer rolled her eyes. "I will. I promise."

Izzy nodded, satisfied with Spencer's answer, and went back to her notes.

Almost immediately after class, Spencer's phone rang. She was hoping it was Toby but it was an unknown number.

"Hello?" Spencer asked into the phone.

"Spencer, honey. I'm so glad I reached you. Is now a bad time?" It was her mother.

"No, I just got out of class. What is it? Did something happen?" Spencer began to panic.

"No, no, no." Veronica insisted. "I have a proposal for you about the baby."

Spencer wandered outside of her school building and sat in the grass, away from her pears so they couldn't hear. "Alright then."

"I talked to you father-" Veronica began.

"What? You said I shouldn't do that!"

"Don't worry. I have him under control. We actually agreed that it would be best to go through with your pregnancy." She explained.

Spencer rolled her eyes. "Mom, not this again. I still haven't decided what to do yet."

"Spencer, you're so stubborn. Just hear me out. You and Toby can move out here and live in the barn until the baby comes. Take a year off college or do it online. I hear a lot of people do that these days. That way, you don't have to choose. You can decide once the baby's born. Adoption or you can keep it and I can have my first grandchild."

"I don't know. It all seems..."

"Spencer, I swear to God, you are too stubborn. There is not a flaw to this solution. Tell Toby. Your moving back home." With that, Veronica hung up the phone.

"Mom, wait-"

But it was too late.