"Did you miss me?"

I love your skin,
Oh so white,
I love your touch,
Cold as ice,
And I love every single tear you cry.
I just love the way your loosing your life.

Spencer pulled the jar of peanut butter out of the cabinet.

"I'm glad to see your eating."

Spencer spun around and saw a face she hadn't seen in ages.

"Did you miss me?"

"Aria!" Spencer flung herself forward. "What are you doing here? I thought you were taking the year off to travel with Ezra."

She shrugged. "I came to Rosewood to see my mom and I as Hanna who was seeing her mom. I ended up going home with her and then I missed Emily and you so I thought I'd come visit everyone!"

Spencer hugged her best friend again. "How'd you know I was here?"

"More importantly, why didn't you tell me you were here?" Aria demanded. "I went all the way to your dorm to surprise you but when I got there your old roommate told you were with your parents."

"Yeah," Spencer nodded. "I probably should have told you but I wasn't expecting you to come visit."

Aria shrugged as a way of saying 'forget it' and walked around the barn.

"So, why are you here?" Aria asked.

Spencer froze.

"Spence?"

"I'm pregnant."

Aria's mouth opened as her mothers had. "Spencer Jill Hastings!"

Spencer winced.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Aria demanded. "Come on, I thought that you moving into your parents house was news!"

"If only you were writing a gossip blog instead of a novel with your boyfriend," Spencer said, sarcastically.

"Really." Aria agreed, sitting on the couch with Spencer. "So, why isn't Toby here?"

"I haven't exactly told him yet..." Spencer admitted.

"Spencer, you have to tell him." Aria didn't seem surprised by my confession.

"I know I do."

"I mean, before you're kid's 10." Aria joked.

"Haha." Spencer sarcastically laughed.

"Spence, in serious," Aria clasped her hands together in her lap.

"You need to tell Toby now so that he can start saving for college or even the simple things like school lunches." Aria continued. "And you do, too. You can't sit around on your ass, you need to make money so that you can support him or her."

Spencer had imagined this type of speech coming from
her mother numerous times, but hearing  it from her best friend was entirely more influential.