Chapter One

Noise. Lots of noise. Crashing, screaming. No, I'm not describing a natural disaster, I'm describing my neighbor. Or neighbors. I've never gone over there. Just heard the constant noise. I was too afraid to go over, and my roommate Mara, well I was too scared to let her go over either.

   "Those fucking cunts won't shut the fuck up!" Mara screamed angrily.

   "How do you know there's more than one?" I asked her.

   "What one person do you know that can make that much fucking noise?" She questioned bitterly. I nodded.

   "Maybe it's a couple. You know couples fight sometimes. Your favorite show is Teen Mom OG for god's sake!" I said. I shouldn't be defending the jerk that was making all this noise late at night, because we both damn well knew it wasn't a couple making that kind of noise.

   "Come on Percy! Don't be that dumb. I'm going over there. I'm going to end this once and for all." She said.

   "You could just file an anonymous noise complaint." I suggested softly. She rolled her eyes.

   "Our landlord is a dirty scumbag. He won't do shit. We need to take care of this ourselves." She said, arms crossed. I nodded.

   "I suppose."

   "Say it after me; 'no more bullshit.'" She said.

   "No more bullshit." I repeated. She grinned and clapped her hands together.

   "It's settled then." She said. I nodded. She pulled open the door and walked through the door way. I watched her stomp across the hall. She banged on the door loudly. A boy opened the door. He had the potential to be cute. Gosh, that sounded mean. He just seemed to be trying to be unattractive. He was wearing these weird children's sun glasses and his hair made him look like a middle-aged father. He wore a horribly stained shirt. He looked like a homeless guy. Not that I was one to judge.

   "Can I uh, can I help you ladies?" He asked. His voice was scratchy and repulsive.

   "Yeah. You can. Shut the fuck up. Please." Mara said with a sarcastic smirk. I looked at her wide eyed. Then, he smiled. He fucking smiled.

   "I'll think about it." He said with a wide grin.

   "Um, sir. I'm really sorry, but uh, can you please uh, please just be quiet? Just a bit?" I asked. Unlike my lovely roommate, I wanted this to be a calm thing.

   "Well, when you say it that way, fuck no." He said before closing the door in our faces. I rolled my eyes.

   "Asshole." Mara yelled before we walked back to our apartment. She slouched down on the couch and turned on the television.

   "He'll quiet down soon." I said with a soft smile.

   "Why the fuck are you so nice?" She asked me.

   "Anyone can be a good person." I said, keeping my smile. Honestly, I wasn't happy. If I could scream fuck the world and become an alcoholic, I would. But I'm an adult. Adults need to just get over shit. Trust me, if I could, I would've already beaten the hell out of that asshole neighbor of ours. But I mean, it's better to keep the peace.

   "Want some bummy ramen noodles?" I asked her, holding up a packet. She nodded grumpily.

   "Whatever. What flavors do we have?" She asked, biting a strand of her blonde hair.

   "Chicken and...ew shrimp. Why do I even let you go shopping?" I joked. She smirked.

   "Because you're way too lazy to. I'll have some chicken." She said. I nodded.

   "Do you have work tonight?" I asked her. She shook her head.

   "Nah. You know, you could work there too. That shitty café job doesn't pay that well." She said. I rolled my eyes.

   "I refuse to shake my butt for money, Mara." I said. Yeah, Mara was a... dancer. Yeah, dancer. I respected her though. She did what she had to do. I worked at this cute little place down the street. I loved my job.

   "Whatever floats your boat." She said. I rolled my eyes and filled my pan with cold water. I messed with the stove until it turned on and placed the pot on the stove top.

   "Wanna watch.... House?" The blonde girl asked. I shrugged.

   "Alright." I said with a shrug. She smiled.

   "You should dye your hair again. Do the pink tips. That was cute. Or maybe purple." She said. I nodded.

   "That would be cute." I agreed.

   "That neighbor guy, think he's cute?" She asked me.

   "Who the fuck are you?" I asked with a snort. She smirked slyly.

   "Hey, maybe in the right lighting he'd be one night stand worthy." She said. I blushed and rolled my eyes.

   "Gosh Mar!" I giggled.

   "He looked Japanese or something though." She said. I giggled more.

   "Mara stop! He looks like he has kids and an ex wife." I said.

   "Huh. I've always been into older guys." She continued.

   "Mara!" I squealed.

--------

A/N-

Short chapter ay. Honestly something doesn't feel right about my writing. If there's anything I can improve on, please tell me. The first chapter is always a bit boring, but it'll get spicy ;)

P.S I want to die

P.S.S

This is so cringey

P.S.S.S

Does Frank ever wash his clothes.