Chapter Nine

After work, I went home like I normally would. Casey assured me that he would E-mail me my new hours. Something about his mom being in the hospital. He couldn't show up today. I felt bad.

"Babe!" Mara said as I walked through the door. I smiled.

"How was work?" I asked.

"I don't know. Ask my five hundred dollars in tips." Mara said with a satisfied smirk. I laughed.

"Woah. That's fucking great dude!" I said laughing. She nodded.

"I know!" She said with a smile. "But, what can I say?" She says, shaking her butt. I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the couch.

"A lady gave me a twenty this morning." I told her. She smiled.

"That's great. How's Rose?" Mara asked, grabbing some grapes out of the fridge.

"She's great." I said.

"How's Casey?" She asked.

"Eh. I didn't see him today." I said. Mara rolled her eyes.

"Why do you even talk to that asshole?" Mara asked.

"He's nice." I said. She rolled her eyes.

"He's a two-faced dick." Mara said. I shrugged.

"He's really nice, you just have to get to know him." I said. She shrugged.

"Well, I trust your judgement." She said.

"Thank you." I responded. "How long are you going to work tonight?" I asked her.

"I'm actually leaving now." She said. I checked the time on my phone. Seven fifty.

"Little early, don't you think?" I asked.

"They're switching up shifts a little bit. Maybe there'll be some older guys there." She said with a shrug, popping a grape into her mouth.

"Okay." I said with a small nod.

"Oh, Ian woke me up this morning. He wanted to hang out with you. I told him you were at work." She told me. I nodded.

"Yeah, he got a coffee this morning. Um, I told him I had work. Maybe I'll have him over tonight."

"Okay. I'm not sure when I'll be back, so, uh, be safe." She said. She walked out of the apartment without another word. I decided to text Ian.

This Guy: Hey dude come over!!!!

Ian J: Filming. Be back in a bit.

This Guy: My poor wounded ego.

Ian J: See you in a few minutes. Can the boys come over as well?

This Guy: Sure, see you then!

I put down my phone and walked over to the fridge. I pulled out a coke and turned on the television, flipping to Netflix. I decided to put on a random episode of Supernatural, as I wasn't really paying attention. I was thinking.

Were me and Joji friends? I mean, I know me and Ian are, and I'm pretty sure me and Max are. Joji though, the lines were a bit blurred. I couldn't tell. I'd like to be. There was just something about him. Like something was missing, or broken. Maybe that's too deep, though. Maybe he's just a shallow asshole. But something makes him different to me. I don't know. I just refuse to believe he's a 'bad apple.'