Chapter Three

"So, you guys are like, celebrities?" Mara said, twirling a straw in whatever fruity drink she was currently sipping on. This was like her third drink. We've been her for almost an hour. I've said about three things this whole time. George had his arm draped around Mara's shoulders casually. They were laughing and talking together. Well, the tall one is gone. Ian, I think. Yeah, Ian.

"You look lonely." That same lanky boy said from behind me. I turned to see him adjusting his glasses on his face. He wore a small smirk.

"Oh, uh, this stuff isn't my thing." I said shyly. He smirked.

"Want something to drink?" He asked.

"Um, I'm alright. Thank you though." I said politely.

"So, Mara." He said.

"She's single." I told him.

"Not what I was going to ask. I was trying to ask what someone like you is doing with.... her." He said awkwardly.

"She's not that bad. She just... she's flirty. It's her thing. She's the hot one." I joked. He chuckled.

"You're pretty hot too." He said with a quirky laugh. I snorted.

"Why thank you." I giggled. That was pretty abrupt.

"So, what do you do for work?" He asked me.

"I work at a bakery. It's nice and quiet. Hipster central, really." I said. Couldn't think of anything funnier? Anything? Are you kidding me? "Uh, what do you do?

"I uh, I make...content. On the internet." He muttered.

"You don't sound too proud. Oh gosh, are you a porn star?" I asked in a hushed tone. "I mean, I won't judge you..."

"No! Goddamn! I make YouTube videos!" He said. I laughed.

"What's so bad about that?" I asked him.

"People sometimes think my videos are me. That's not really it though." He said awkwardly. I nodded.

"I won't look for your videos then." I told him, holding out my pinky. He interlocked his pinky with mine and shook it, smirking. I think Ian will be a great friend.

"You're cool, Percy. Do you like that nickname, or..."

"Uh, yeah. It's awkward to call me Persephone, you know? So yeah, Percy is fine." I said kindly.

"So are George and Max YouTubers as well?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Yeah. Joji basically has an alter ego. He acts like a fucking retard. It's fucking great. Max is like a vlogger. It's cool. I mean, sometimes the internet goes bat shit, but it makes for a good video." Ian joked. I laughed.

"Yeah. So do you do anything cool? Like writing or something?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Just my videos. Joji makes music though." He said.

"That's cool. What kind of videos do you do?"

"Um, skits, vlogs, reviews. Random shit, really. Me, Max, and Joji do some videos together sometimes." He said.

"Do you, George, and Max live together?" I asked.

"Nah. We visit as often as possible, but Joji is your only neighbor." Ian said. I nodded.

"Jesus." I said. Ian started laughing.

"That bad?" He asked.

"It sounds like he's committing genocide." I joked. He laughed loudly.