Chapter Two

"So, Mar, what do you want to do?" I asked Mara in between bites of ramen. She shrugged.

"I don't know. Want to go to a bar or something?" She asked. I shrugged. I wasn't much of a drinker.

"If you want." I said hesitantly.

"That's my girl!" She said. Mara is such a party animal. It almost bothers me. We're just really different. We lead different lives. Still, I love her nonetheless.

"I'm not going to drink." I told her.

"I thought so. But I'm going to make you look so hot!" She squealed. I rolled my eyes. What did I just do?

-----Le time Skip

"You look fucking gorgeous. I'm almost jealous." Mara said as she finished applying mascara to my lashes. I honestly really liked it. My hair was pulled into two little French braids and I was wearing an off the shoulder white sweater. We decided to pair it with some black skinny jeans and my vans. Casual but cute. I got up and put in a small septum ring, completing the look.

"This is really cute. Thanks Mar." I said with a smile.

"Alright, come help me." She said with a smile. I went through her closet while she went over to start applying makeup.

"What time is it?" I asked her.

"Seven forty seven." She told me, dotting foundation across her face. I turned back to her closet.

"What kind of look are you going for?" I asked her, examining each top, dress, and skirt.

"Yeah. Young train wreck; down to fuck." She said in the most casual tone. I rolled my eyes.

"Slutty black dress. Got it." I picked up a strapless black dress. It was sparkly and reached her mid-thigh. I wouldn't be caught dead in something like this. It was her style though. I paired it with some black stilettos. I looked over at Mara who was already contouring her cheekbones.

"Alright. This dress would go well with a smoky eye look. Maybe some dark red lipstick." I advised. She nodded and smirked.

"Good thinking. Red and black would be perfect." She said. I nodded.

"I'm going to go get some iced tea." I told her, smiling. I took out my phone and scrolled through twitter. I smiled and scrolled through my feed. I had an okay following. At the moment I had ten thousand followers. That was pretty cool. I liked to have people that supported me. I put down my phone and pulled a bottle of iced tea out of the fridge. I poured myself a glass and just kind of sat there thinking.

I grabbed my phone and sat in front of the window, snapping a quick selfie. I posted it, using no caption. Captions are overrated. I put my phone in the pocket of my jeans and knocked on Mara's door.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Sure." She said loudly. I walked in and saw her wearing the dress, putting on her shoes. She looked really pretty. I wish I looked like her. She had long golden locks, wide blue eyes, a really pretty smile, and just, everything. I was pretty jealous of her, if I'm being honest.

"Why are you so much prettier than me?" I whined. She laughed.

"You're cute, Percy. Stop it!" She said. She put some earrings in her ears and grabbed her purse. "I'm going to go get shitfaced and you're going to be my designated driver!"

"Sounds good to me!" I laughed, grabbing my satchel and my keys. She walked out first, leaving me to lock the door behind us. Another door opened behind me. Me and Mara turned to see a cute, very familiar guy with tired eyes and black hair, a guy with fluffy hair who was also very cute, and a tall, willowy guy with glasses who was, again, cute. They were talking loudly.

"I told you. In the right lighting..." Maya joked. I pushed her gently. The tired guy was the dude from earlier. The guy with the weird old dude with glasses. This was awkward.

"Hey ladies!" The fluffy haired one spoke up. He was definitely Australian or something. He had a pretty cute voice. I turned and waved politely, although they were probably going to make some stupid guy joke.

"He's pretty hot, right?" Mara whispered. I giggled and slapped her.

"Earlier you were talking about how much you hate them. Well him. Well them because," I whispered.

"Shut up." She said. "Hey guys!" Mara said with a giggle. Ah. Here we go. Mara kind of has a reputation. Being a dancer, being kind of promiscuous...well all our friends think she's a slag. She does this a lot. Flirts with guys, gets drunk enough to make some bad decisions, gives a fake number and disappears forever. It isn't that simple with our neighbors though. Did they all live there?

"Hi." The guy from earlier said. His voice wasn't gross now. It was deep, and kind of attractive.

"Wanna join us? We're going out for a few drinks. Might be a bit lonely." She said, twirling a piece of her hair. I rolled my eyes and looked at her, crossing my arms.

"What she means to say, is that if you guys would like to join us for a bit, we would like to apologize for our actions earlier." I said sweetly. The raven-haired boy's eyes glinted.

"Sure, girls. We'll go." He said. He sounded like he was planning something. This night was surely going to be hell. Mara seemed oblivious. She just winked and walked slowly, probably letting the guys get a view.

"So, can we get your names?" The fluffy haired one spoke up.

"I'm Mara, and this one is Persephone." She said, an eyebrow cocked.

"But uh, call me Percy." I said with an awkward smile. "What are your names?" I asked.

"I'm George." The raven haired boy spoke up.

"I'm Ian and this cunt is Maxipad." The lanky boy said.

"Just Max. Sorry, Ian is a faggot." 'Max' stated.

"It's...nice to meet you." I said with a smile. The nodded. Mara snorted.

"'It's nice to fucking meet you?" She mocked, whispering so the boys couldn't hear.

"Well, I'm trying to make friends." I said.

"Friends? You're too sweet for your own good, Percy. Whatever. Don't fuck this up girl." She said. We both broke out into a fit of giggles after that.

"So, how old are you guys?" Mara asked.

"I'm twenty three, Joji here is twenty four, and I have no fucking clue how old Ian is." Max said.

"I'm as old as you want me to be." The tall one said suggestively. I'm pretty sure he was just speaking out in general. Nonetheless, I blushed like a madwoman. I hate myself. "Seriously though, I'm twenty six. How old are you girls?"

"I'm twenty five, and Percy here is twenty two." Mara said. She literally sounded like she was trying to seduce them. She was being so obvious. It was weirding me out. I rolled my eyes and continued on. I love Mar, I really do, but she kind of used guys. I felt bad because the boys didn't really know what was going on in her head.

"Who's Joji?" I asked.

"Oh, that's what we call George." He said, pointing to the boy.

"Oh. Alright." I said. George walked up next to me and pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

"So, you smoke?" He asked, offering me a cigarette. I shook my head and smiled.

"No, sorry. Thank you though." I said. He looked into my eyes. His eyes were really quite pretty. They were almost black but not quite. They looked like black coffee around his iris. Oh god, I was staring.

"So, um, Mara, is she single?" He asked. I nodded. Well, a little piece of me just died.

"Yeah."

"Cool." He said, eyeing her curves. I rolled my eyes and walked ahead of him. Tonight was going to be fucking fantastic.