Chapter Eleven

On the drive home, Joji sat in the front with me. I was driving quietly while Mara was kicking my seat.

"Guys, guys! Guys!" Mara yelled.

"Shut the fuck up cunt." Max slurred.

"Yes Mara?" I asked.

"I'm drunk." She said.

"Well no shit." I said. I pulled into the driveway slowly and parked.

"Come on guys. I have work tomorrow." I said. Joji stepped out and opened the door for Mara. She practically crawled out, clutching Joji's arm.

"Say, Joji, I don't know about you, but I had a really good time the other night. Want to stay over again?" Mara slurred, attempting to be seductive.

"I uh, Percy has work tomorrow." He said awkwardly. I nodded.

"You guys could go on a date." I suggested. Mara snorted.

"Babe, you know me better than that." She replied. I scoffed.

"Well, maybe you could settle down. It would be nice for you to stop always bringing guys over." I said, forgetting the boys were still standing there. Mara shot me a drunken glare. She wasn't going to remember this. Might as well talk about it now.

"Are you calling me a whore?" She asked. I snorted.

"No. But everyone else does!" I said, crossing my arms.

"You're such a fucking bitch. All 'forgiveness is key' and 'wait for love' and 'can you please do this' and 'don't do that!'" She screamed. I remained calm.

"Because, I'm trying to fucking help you." I spat angrily. She laughed.

"You know, at least I can get laid, little miss 'jesus loves me'." Mara scoffed.

"You know, I uh, I think I'm going to Casey and Noah's for the night." I said bitterly. I pulled out my phone and walked away from the drunken group. Joji was staring. Ugh, this is so embarrassing. Why, Percy.

"Is that all you've got, bitch?" Mara screamed. I ignored her. I called Casey.

"Percy? Why are you still up? We have work." Casey's tired voice came through the phone.

"I um, I need somewhere to stay." I said in a shaky tone.

"Oh, um, I really can't help you." Casey said.

"Oh. Okay. Um, yeah, that's fine." I muttered.

"I'm really sorry. Just-"

"No! No, it's fine." I said, hanging up.

"Just stay at my place." A voice said from behind me. Joji. I turned to face him.

"I'm good. I uh, I'm fine. She's drunk." I said, tears stinging my eyes.

"No, it's not." He said, pulling me into an embrace.

"Joji, I really need to go." I said awkwardly. He shook his head.

"I really don't want you to be with her tonight. I know how bad drunk people can get. I know you didn't mean any harm." He whispered. The smell of cigarettes and alcohol flooded my nostrils. It was somewhat comforting. He was somewhat comforting.

"Okay, Joji. Um, I uh, you have the guys there. I have nowhere to sleep." I said. Okay, making up excuses. Stupid, I know.

"You can sleep in my bed." He suggested. "I'll take the floor."