Chapter 20

Taehyung

"When will you go back home?"

"Um... maybe after this."

Both of us glanced at the cafeteria which was filled by all of the students of Yeol-Woo who were having a dinner feast to celebrate Christmas, then we looked at each other again.

"What's your plan on Christmas?" I asked her. "You're going to stay here?"

She shaked her head. "No, I'm staying for a few nights at Jiwoo's house. Mrs. Lee is basically my step mother though."

"Ah, right."

Both of us looked at the ground with our hands in our pockets. It was really cold since it was snowing lightly.

"Dahyun ah," I called, "you're not cold?"

"I'm an ice wizard, Taehyung, I don't feel cold."

"But you're only wearing a thin long sleeve shirt, while I'm here wearing a thick sweater and a super thick coat."

She chuckled. "That's why you need to get home fast. You will feel warm in your house."

"When will you go to Jiwoo's house?"

"As soon as the dinner feast ends."

"When will it end?"

"Maybe around 9 or 10 pm? Why?"

I shrugged. "I just don't feel like leaving you. I mean, I don't feel like going home now, knowing that you're still here until 10 pm."

"Yah," she said, "I have Lee Jiwoo by my side, she's just not here right now because she's currently eating the whole roast turkey inside the cafeteria. Also, I have Mrs. Lee, she's a strong woman, you know."

"I know, but-"

She suddenly reached out for my hands. "Don't worry, Taehyung ah. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded as she smiled. "Certainly."

I sighed, then smiled her back. I let go of my hands from hers, then cupped her face. "Then, will you be okay if I go now?"

"Of course I will. Why would I not?"

I chuckled, then let go of her face. "Then... see you in two weeks?"

She nodded. "See you in two weeks, Kim Taehyung."

(A/N: I've made some changes in the previous chapters. The christmas break was originally only 3 days, but I've changed it to 2 weeks. So if you found any sentence that refers to the 3-days-christmas-break, don't be confused when I suddenly said 2 weeks because I've changed it.)

---

"Appa, Mrs. Kim, I'm home~"

"Oh, you're early!" Mrs. Kim, my stepmom, said. "Join us! We're eating dinner."

I removed my shoes, then put it on the shelf. I went to the dinner table where appa, Mrs. Kim, Jaeyoung hyung, and Hyunjae hyung took their seats.

"I thought you would be home at midnight," appa said, "you didn't join your friends for celebrating Christmas?"

"Aren't you the one who doesn't allow me to celebrate Christmas?"

"I know. I mean, you didn't have to exactly celebrate it, you could just have fun with your friends."

I shrugged. "I didn't feel like it. I wanted to go home and meet you guys," I said as I did an aegyo.

"Your aegyo doesn't work on us anymore, Taehyung ah," Hyunjae said as he chuckled. Tch, he made me pouted.