Chapter 10

Dahyun

"Just went out for a date?"

I jumped in surprised when Jiwoo suddenly spoke up. It was almost midnight and I thought she was already asleep.

"You startled me," I said, "and no, I didn't went out for a date."

Jiwoo became silent, then approached me with a worried look on her face. "Dahyun ah, your eyes are swollen. Are you okay? What did Taehyung do to you? Did he hurt you? Did he-"

"Yah, stop it. My eyes are swollen because I cried a lot when I visited my mother's grave. Taehyung didn't do anything wrong, Jiwoo, don't worry. He was the one who comforted me all night and he gave me a shoulder to cry on," I replied. "But wait, how did you know that I was with Taehyung?"

She chuckled. "Lucky guess."

"No, you didn't guess it. You knew it, didn't you?"

"Let's just say that I already know Taehyung personally and I'd love to see you with him."

I rolled my eyes as I chuckled. "Yah, we're just friends."

"Kim Dahyun," she said, "no one can be your friend that simple, not even me or Jimin, yet you only know Taehyung for a week or more and now he's your friend."

"Taehyung is a good guy, I know that. I really enjoy talking and sharing stories to him."

"See? Taehyung can simply have your trust," she said as she smirked, "you like him, don't you?"

"Like him?" I asked as I chuckled. "Why would I like him? As I told you before, he's just a friend."

She also chuckled, then got back to her bed. "I can guarantee that you will fall for him, sooner or later. He's a perfect match for you."

"Yah, you're not my guardian angel."

"Whatever, I'm going back to sleep. Night, Dahyun," she said as she started to close her eyes.

"Night, sleepy head."

I went to my bed and placed my body perfectly on it. While I was trying to sleep, I kept thinking and remembering what happened earlier.

Taehyung hugged me.

"I may not be able to give you the words that you want to hear, but I won't say 'don't worry' or 'everything's gonna be fine' because I know that those won't work. But I can be your loyal listener and I'll always be here everytime you need me. I won't judge you or anything. If you want to cry, just cry. I'm here."

It was the second time someone said those kind of words to me, the first ones were Jimin and Jiwoo. Taehyung's hug was really warm. I really liked being in his arms.

I slapped my face out of reflects. Gosh, Dahyun, what were you thinking?

My eyes were getting heavier, then I dozed off to sleep.

---

[2 weeks later...]

"OH MY GOD, DAHYUN, I FORGOT TO TELL YOU ABOUT THIS."

"Can you please not be so loud?" I said. "I know that this cafeteria is still empty, but that doesn't mean you can shout as loud as you want to."

It was still 6 in the morning, breakfast time was usually at 8 am. The reason why Jiwoo and I had breakfast earlier was because... well, we couldn't sleep any longer. We were woken up by the student councils who were working on the festival stage.