Chapter 23 ~ Moving

Chapter 23 ~ Moving

Jake's POV

After I talked to Matilda about everything, I felt like a burden got off me. I should have talked to her earlier, but I was afraid she wouldn't understand. But she is such a nice girl. She even cried. I was about to hug her but I holded myself from doing it. I didn't want to freak her out.

It was obvious that she didn't like me at all. She must be surely thinking that I was a jerk, an arrogant playboy, which was not completely false. I couldn't change her opinion though.

And if she was dating David, I should back off and let her be happy with him.

But sometimes I think I can't get her out of my mind.

Matilda's POV

After knowing finally the truth, I had a clear view of Jake. The death of his sister made him this way. It made him act arrogantly and weirdly.

And that was the time, when I understood why the room, where I was staying, was decorated in such a girlie way. I was staying in Claire's room. Not for much longer, though.

Daddy came in my room because he said he wanted to talk to me.

"Hey daddy." I said and gave him a tight hug.

"Hi sweetie, how was your day at school?"

"As always, normal." I said, avoiding to mention Jake's confession.

"Matilda, our new house is done. The only thing you have to do now is to pack your things and go there to choose your bedroom and decorate it as you like." he said, while waiting for my reaction anxiously.

"Fine dad. I'll start packing." I didn't want to let him down so I faked a smile and snaked my arms around his back to give him another hug.

"Why gloomy? I thought you didn't like the fact that we're staying here and you wanted to move."

Damn, he knows me that well.

"I'm not gloomy dad. I just got used to living here these months. And I really like the Bresleys."

"Honey, we can't stay forever here. It is not right. It's like taking advantage of them."

And he was absolutely right, although I didn't want to admit it. I didn't want to leave after all. I got used to Mr and Mrs Bresley. And since that morning, I started to sympathise with Jake. I wanted to help him, not just leave him here in pain.

The next day, I started packing my things and moving them to my new house. I picked the most beautiful room out of all. It was big with white walls and a huge window with an awesome view.

The moment I was walking down the stairs, carrying the last box with my CD's, I accidentally overheared a conversation between Jake and our parents.

"Why do you have to leave? You may stay here." Jake said.

"We can't honey. We can't be a burden for much longer. Now we have the money to organise our lives and enjoy ourselves." my mother said.

I went down and Jake didn't speak.

"This is the last one. I'm done." I said holding the box and made my way to the new house.

I stayed there for some hours, to put my things in their place and organise my space. My parents came too and started to pull their things out of the bags and put them here and there.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I took it out to find a text message.

"Will you stay for one last night in my house?  -Jake"

**

Author's Note: Guys! I started writing a new story. It is called My Brother's Bestfriend.

It talks about a shy girl that lives with her father and her twin brother, after her mother's death. Her brother's best friend, Hunter, is a boy that starts getting into her life, making her think of him in a different way.
Will they finally fall for each others?

Keep your awesome heads up and chill out!:)