Chapter 50:If Your World Falls Apart In Front Of You...

Chapter 50:If Your World Falls Apart In Front Of You It Doesn't Mean You Do Too, There's Always Something You Could Do; If All Else Fails Get Some Glue.

"Hello..."I muttered, my breath quickened by fear.

My head peeped up from the dusty brown wood, until my eyes fell on his infuriated features.

"Come to the front"He ordered.

I gulped. Realising there was somehow a decrease of saliva in my mouth to do so.

I did as I was told, fighting back my urge to scold his rudeness.

Looking at the floor and dragging my feet dreadfully slow across the floor, my eyes didn't dare to glance at both men.

"You two cannot carry this relationship on any longer" He shortly said.

My eyes snapped up to meet his emotionless ones,his eyes intently glaring into mine.

"Mr Governor what are you talking about?" I composed my voice to pull it off as best as possible.

He chuckled, sounding like Ethan.

"You nearly fooled me Blair. I was about to believe you"

"Then do"

"It's not that easy, I knew something was going on by Ricky's broken nose and the way you said his name"

I froze. A passing of silence.

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

"I did, I warned Ethan. It's dangerous and it's not acceptable, for example just now: anyone could have walked in just as I did..." Still no emotion.

I didn't say anything, what would I say?

"And you've been staying with him for how long now? Suzie has been complaining about it to me for weeks"He rolled his eyes, at what seemed like the idea of Suzie.

I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"I wanted to leave at first but this dick didn't let me!"I thought out loud and my eyes widened. I covered my mouth with my hand.

Both sounds sounded perfectly laced with each other when the two men started laughing at my stupidity.

"You're correct about him being a dick"Mr Governor laughed out.

"Hey!"Ethan protested and I removed my hand from my mouth.

The atmosphere of the room changing, turning into a playful one? Whatever I was breathing in brought my hearts pace back to normal.

"But honestly Mr Governor you have nothing to worry about, we are not together"I smiled out forcefully. It was the truth.

He looked taken aback by the honesty in my voice.

He looked away from me and raised his eyebrows towards Ethan.

"Oh Ethan, you're an idiot. I raised a bloody idiot" He shook his head towards him as if tutting and I grew confused.

"I thought we couldn't be together anyway"

"As the governor I'm saying you can't..."He spoke.

"As a father I'm saying that your love is precious, you cannot end it because of someone... I can see the anger you share because you're so intoxicated from each other that you would do anything for the other to be happy... something I shared with your mother"

My eyes flickered to Ethan, who was inching closer to me, to embrace me, to hold me to show his love for me.

I shook my head. "Excuse me" I walked out.