Chapter 4

After a couple minutes, Nate broke the silence. “So how did you meet this guy anyway?”

“Well, Liam helped me and Jacob after the accident. He called the ambulance and rode in the ambulance with me. He stayed in my room all night to-“

“He stayed in your room all night too?” Izzy screamed making me cringe.

“Yes he did, he stayed in my room to make sure I was okay and he occasionally checked on Jacob's state." The thought of Jacob still being in the hospital made me feel a little sad and guilty. "He was my ride home and offered to take me to dinner, which is how we got into the sleeping over predicament.” I answered.

“I’m still a little confused over that. Why didn’t he just go home after dinner?” Nate asked turning towards me waiting for an answer.

“Well, we stayed until the restaurant closed then came here and talked until 3 in the morning.” I sighed.

“Only talked?” Nate asked with a smirk. I pushed him off the couch and laughed with Izzy.

Later that night, I was so bored, so I just sat down on my couch and watched game shows. If you know me, then you know i hate games shows, so it showed how bored I was. Izzy had to leave because her brother was home from college and she wanted to see him. I was happy she got to see her brother. He doesn't like to show 'mushy' emotions, but it is clear to everyone that he loves his sister very much. Nate left because his mom needed his help moving to her new house. Since he was away, his mom is craving attention from her only son. I sighed as i thought about my friends. I wish I still had my family here to bug me and make me laugh. I was finally begininng to die of boredom when my phone rang. I smiled when I saw Liam’s name on the caller ID.

“Hello..Who’s this?” I joked.

“Oh. Did I dial the wrong number? Or is this the beautiful girl I just saw a couple hours ago?” Liam said. I blushed and was glad we were over the phone so he couldn’t see.

“Whatever, Mr. Ross,” I said rolling my eyes, “I’m bored and all my friends are busy. Are you busy too?” I was hoping he wasn’t busy. I enjoyed Liam’s company.

“Hmm. My schedule seems pretty clear right now. I think I can fit you in.” He said. I was so happy he was free. “I will be over in a few minutes.”

30 minutes later, there was a knock at my door. I opened my door to see a smiling Liam there. As if reading my mind, he also had a hot pizza in his hands.

“Man, I have barely known you for two days and somehow you know me so well.” I said laughing. I put the pizza on the living room table and went to the kitchen to get two sodas. When I came back to the living room, I saw Liam loosening his tie and running his fingers through his messy hair. I just admired him for a moment. He was so sexy in his business shirt and pants. The badge and gun he carried just added to his sexiness. It still surprised me how a 22 year old was already working as a rookie crime scene investigator. He was definitely lucky.

I walked over to him and flicked him in the head and handed him the drink.

“Ow, what was that for?” he asked half laughing, half confused.

“I don’t know.” I said smiling. I started walking away when I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist and pick me up in the air. I squealed as Liam put me on the couch and started tickling me.

“No! Stop! Stop!” I screamed in between my fits of laughter. Just then a knock came to the door. I fought Liam to get off of me and went to answer the door and saw my neighbor, Ms. Sheri looking worried.

“I heard you scream and I was wondering if you were okay.” I busted out laughing and Liam came to the door.

“Sorry ma’am. I was tickling her.” Liam said flashing an award winning smile at my neighbor. That seemed to work on everyone and it seemeed to win over Ms. Sheri.