Chapter 2: The Roommate

CHAPTER 2: The Roommate

ARIANA

                 There were at least twenty people milling around in the Great room. It was composed of a living room, a dining area and more chairs and sofas composed most of the ground floor. All heads looked my way as I accidentally close the door with a loud bang.

                 “Sorry.” I apologized and turned to search for the stairs. With all their stares, I felt like I just needed to get to my room and unpack. I half-expected them to turn away and continue with their business but a single, “Hey!” from a smiling brunette was all it took for everyone in the room to greet me and welcome me like I was an old friend.

                 “A freshman huh?” a bald stocky guy muses as he approached me and I gulped as his body loomed over me. “Welcome to Cinnamon, chap.”

                 He gave me a wide smile that must have been friendly but with his beady eyes and red cheeks, I backed away knocking into another guy.

                 “Careful, newbie.” The guy says with a warm smile as he held both of my shoulders to steady myself. His eyes were electric-blue and quite fascinating to look at and his hair was a golden blonde that was gelled in a typical-cool-guy way. He wasn’t stuck up though like the one’s back in high school but he was kind and warm. “Hey, Buzz, don’t go scaring her. She just arrived.”

                 Buzz, the stocky guy smirked and scratched his bald head and turned to me. “Sorry chap, didn’t mean to scare you.” Buzz apologized. “To make it up to ya, I could grill you up a nice decent steak.”

                 “No, thank you.” I decline politely. “But thank you for the offer.”

                 “You’d regret turning that offer down.” A woman tells me from just beside Buzz. She was beautiful with her perfectly tanned skin and cascading dark curls. Her toned muscles were evident and emphasized because of her orange cotton tank. “Buzz here serves the best steaks in campus. I’m Margie by the way.”

                 I smiled and tried to find the exit from the wall of people. There weren’t any.

                 “Ouch, Margie.” The guy behind me says with a fake hurt tone. “That hurt my ego right there and then.”

                 “Shut up, Nick.” Margie says. “We all know your baby-back ribs are legendary here in Cinnamon. But there is a difference between the two kinds of meat.”

                 Nick laughs a deep throaty laugh along with the rest of Cinnamon lodge.

                 “Well, what’s your name, newbie?” the brunette from earlier asks.

                 “Ariana…” I answer and decided to add, “Starr…”

                 Buzz and most of the people’s eyes widened in surprise.  It was a long and silent five seconds and I was seriously feeling awkward. Margie was the first to recover from the shock.

                 “Wait, you’re telling me you’re THE Ariana Starr?” Margie asked disbelieved.

                 I nodded, unable to sense the importance of the question. THE Ariana Starr is already over exaggerated.

                 “Wait, she’s a singer?!” a boy in the back asks.

                 “No, you idiot. That’s Ariana Grande.” Buzz says giving the boy a weird look. “She’s Ariana Starr, hand-picked by the President of the school himself.”