Chapter 3: Wait a Minute...

CHAPTER 3: Wait a Minute...

Ariana

                 Wait, there must be a mistake.

                 “Nick, are you sure this is the right room?” I asked, turning my back to my said-to-be-roommate. “Surely, this isn’t room 657.”

                 Jamie Chung turned the door wide open, revealing the printed room number. Big and bold numbers: 657.

                 “Yup, you’re in the right room.” Jamie clarifies.

                 I turn back to Rowan, he averted his deep green eyes and went back to reading his book. That’s cold, he didn’t even acknowledge my presence. Doesn’t he have a complain about having a girl as a roommate?

                 Nick looked at me with slight pity. “Sorry, Ari but I guess this really is the room you’re registered in. And… you can’t change rooms, campus policy.”

                 I frowned and nodded my head.

                 Jamie and Nick set my backpack and my suitcase just beside the bed and I gave them my thanks. Before the two boys went out, Nick turned to Rowan. “Hey, Colave, come meet your new roomie.”

                 Rowan tilted his head up and said a small, “Hey.” Before turning back to his book.

                 “Aw, c’mon dude, greet her properly.” Jamie says. “Don’t you know how lucky you are to have Ariana Starr as a roommate? You could exchange notes and she could teach you loads of her awesome skills and—“

                 “I don’t really care if I’m sharing a room with the president’s favourite.” Rowan cut off giving Jamie a cold glance. “As long as she doesn’t touch my things and be all noisy and acting like a girl.”

                 That’s harsh. I was starting to like this Rowan less and less. Even if, I must admit, he is devilishly handsome and wonderful in his own ways, I didn’t like the way he spoke about me. Psh, as if I would go all giggly and stuff to have him as a roommate.

                 Jamie shook his head and waved a small good-bye to me before he stepped out of the room.

                 Nick turned to me and said, “If you need anything, I’ll be just downstairs.”

                 I smiled gratefully. “Noted.”

                 Nick then turned to Rowan saying, “My father send his thanks to your dad.”

                 Rowan nodded and Nick closed the door.

                 And just like that, I was left alone in my room with Rowan Colave. OUR room. This was just starting to sound ridiculous.

                 I stared at Rowan who was back to reading. Probably a cookbook.

                 Not knowing what to do, I decided to unpack my things. Out of my backpack, I took out two picture frames to lay on my night stand. One was of my parents, standing on the porch of my house and the other was me and my brother, David. I was starting to feel homesick.