Chapter 5 (part 1): Mornings

CHAPTER 5 (part 1): Mornings

ARIANA

                 Beep-beep-beep! Beep-beep-beep!

                 Stupid alarm clock. I groaned and lazily searched for the loud device on my nightstand and banging the silent button, the alarm clock fell off and landed with a loud thud on the floor.

                 “Hey, lazy bones, wake up.” A masculine voice echoes.

                 I threw a pillow at the man on the foot of my bed and I heard an annoyed grunt.

                 “Leave me alone, I’m trying to sleep.” I moaned in frustration and buried myself beneath the blanket.

                 “So, it wouldn’t me my fault if you got late on your first day to class.” The guy says.

                 What is he talking about? First day of class? First day of class…

                 I threw the blankets off me and hopped of my bed in a hurry. I stared at Ro who was crossing his arms at me, a laid off expression on his face. His hair was slightly wet, he must have took a shower earlier and he was already wearing the grey pants from our uniform.

                 “Morning Ro!” I greeted when I got off my grumpy state. I was always grumpy every time I woke up.

                 “I told you not to call me that.” Ro says, slightly annoyed. “I’m heading downstairs for breakfast, your schedule is on your desk, Ms. Harper came thirty minutes ago to deliver it.”

                 “Oh, thanks!” I say as I approached my desk, looking through the paper. I had Food Safety first located at one of the classrooms on the second floor in the Roth hall.

                 I took a towel, soap and shampoo from my suitcase and my clothes into the bathroom.

                 It was big, with a toilet, a full-length mirror, a shower, a bathtub and a faucet.

                 I splashed cold water into my face and looked at myself in the mirror. My crinkled I HEART NY t-shirt and my messy black hair reflected before me but I smiled. The first day…

                 Ten minutes passed and I was out of the bathroom dressed fully in my uniform. My hair was tied into a ponytail behind me and the few locks that fell were clipped up. It looked so good on me! Like, I was meant to wear it. Oh, if only mom and dad could see this. I wonder what David will say.

                 Ro had already gone out the room and seeing the big digital numbers 8:00 on the floor, I hurried out with my text books and schedule.

                 The smell of waffles were everywhere when I arrived at the great room.

                 A few people I didn’t know greeted me a good morning, they too were dressed in their white-double breasted chef’s jacket. I smiled and waved in return.

                 The dining area in the Great room has gigantic windows where you could see the trees and a few other lodges here and there. Hey, look, I could see Roth hall from here.

                 There were eight tables with four chairs each and on the tables, were waffles, glasses of orange juice, bowls of fruits and different sorts of toppings.