Chapter 6

It is today that they will end this case.

Naru decided that the sooner they finish this case the better to prevent further casualties.

The members were all in position. Mai remained inside the base with Naru, and Lin as his guard during the exorcism. They are to observe the exorcism and give orders.

***

A few hours prior the planned exorcism, another disturbance actually happened.

They are still inside the base interrogating Mai when they heard the maniacal laugh of the cruel ghost. Banging and crashing sound were heard and a very disturbing scream of a woman resonated the entire house.

It made everyone had this chilling feeling up their spine.

The most disastrous thing that happened was the door to their base opened with so much force that it broke down and the disgusting figure of the violent ghost appeared and looked at everyone with malice.

Especially towards Mai.

Out of reflex, Naru had his hand stretch in front of her and Monk had started his mantra to at least disperse the evil and it had screamed from pain and vanished.

"This case needs to be over..... TODAY." Naru ordered with much determination and everyone agreed.

***

Intense silence filled the entire house, John is positioned at the hall near the bathroom saying some prayers, Ayako dress in her robe is in the kitchen getting ready to do her own prayer, and Monk is positioned outside the opened storage room door waiting for the ghost to appear.

Naru deduced that these are the best place to do an all out exorcism, because these allocations were places that the most abuse had happened.

The researchers, Yasu and Madoka with Masako, are waiting outside the house and are monitoring everybody using their own set of monitors inside the van.

A few more minutes, the haunting began. The usual banging and crashing sound, accompanied now by the pleading voice and screams of a woman, and then... he appeared in front of the camera, inside the storage room, grinning,  which made Mai scream from fright.

The monk then started his mantra.

"Naumaku San Manda Bazaradankan!"

He screamed in pain but he is still visible and much more menacing aura is felt around the house.

What strong presence!  He was now able to hold his ground and not vanish!  Monk internally panicked.

"AYAKO! JOHN!....  NOW!"

"I reverently pray for thy presence..../ Our father who art in heaven... " Ayako and John also joined Monk on erasing the foul creature.

It continued to scream and laugh evilly at the same time. It's as if he doesn't care. Then the house quaked for a moment and he vanished.

Everyone thought that he is gone for good....

But...

He reappeared again...

Smiling grimly infront of the three remaining inside of their base.

"MONK! " Naru screamed as he stood protectively in front of the ghost girl who is now scared out of her wits and in any moment would be losing consciousness from fear.

"Little girl... "

It said.

"I need you before anyone could get to you first... "

It laughed creepily and teleported in front of the youngsters and was about to grab Mai when Lin whistled.

His shiki fought the evil and it screamed again from pain.

Now, Monk and the others arrived at the scene and joined Lin.

After a minute, an agonizing scream was finally heard and he then, disappeared.