Prologue

"Don't ever let go of me Louis." She breathes into my neck. Her tears have fallen onto my shoulder, as she holds tightly onto my waist.

"I won't ever let go, Ally." I said into her ear. My hand was placed onto her back, my other hand was cupped around her neck. I tried to stay calm as I held onto her.

"I've missed you so much Louis," she cried, "I was going crazy."

"Me too baby." She didn't mind my words, as she lifted her head up off my shoulder. She looked into my eyes, as I looked into her tear-filled ones. They had lost too much of their shine, as if it had all faded into the wind. She licked her lips, smiling at my face.

She looked down at my hands, which were all scratched and bruised from yesterday. She grabbed onto them with her hands, not saying a single word. She looked back up at me, examing my entire face, and I did the same to hers.

Her hair was all messy, even longer than I remembered. She had no makeup on, and she was wearing the outfit she got taken away in. The shorts and T-shirt. There were large bags under her eyes along with dark circles.

I could see all the pain in her eyes. Everything she went through, it made my pain look like a baby rollercoaster. Though all her pain was there, it was draining out as she looked at me. She just stared at me, her eyes blinking softly.

There was so much that I wanted to say, but couldn't. I wanted to tell her how much I loved her, and how I would never give up. But all my words became stuck on my tongue as I stood there admiring her presence.

She began to cry again, looking down at the ground.

"Come here." I said, as she took the offer and wrapped her arms back around my waist. I wanted to stay like this forever. I wanted her to stay in my arms, because she was safe in them. I bit down on my lip, trying to hold in my tears.

I looked up at Paul, surprised at what I saw. A single tear rolled down his cheek as he looked over at us. He had this half smile on his face, and suddenly looked away when I looked at him.

"I'm such a mess," she said softly, "I cause the people I love the most too much pain." I grabbed her shoulders, locking her eyes with mine.

"Don't ever say that, Allison. Don't you," I bit my cheek to stop the tears that I felt coming, "don't you ever even let that run through your head. The pain wasn't your fault. None of this was. Don't put yourself down, when you're the one who always puts others up."

She smiled up at me.

"No Louis. You're the one who put's others up." I tried to hold back, but I couldn't.

I pulled her to my chest as we both cried onto eachother's shoulders.