Chapter 14

Ally's POV:

"Louis!" I screamed. "Louis!" I screamed again, until a hand covered my mouth. I could feel my heart beating fast, and my vision starting to disappear into black.

My palms were sweating and I was pulling away from the grip of someone that I had no idea of. I tried jumping out of the large van that they were squirming me into, but it was no use. They had these things gripped around my wrists by now, and my mouth was completely covered.

I could barely breathe as I blinked rapidly. My vision was enough to see Louis drop all the soccer balls he had gathered, and him running towards the van. "Ally!" I heard him scream.

The man threw me in with him and slammed the van door. I was screaming into his hand, and trying to bite it. Nothing worked, I was stuck inside the dark. There was nothing to see in here, just blackness. I could feel the presence of the other person in the back of the van, and my heart was beating.

Is this it? Is this where I lose Louis forever, and just get touched to death...literally to death? I could feel my hands going numb, and everything was getting fuzzy.

"Ally! Ally!" I heard the familiar screaming of Louis. I was screaming back, but it seemed to be stuck in my head. I could try and try for hours, but nothing seemed to work at this point.

The van started driving quickly, and my head was pushed back onto the bottom of the van floor. I could hear Louis screaming, but it was gradually getting quieter, like he was chasing after the van.

The voice in the darkness pressed harder on my mouth, and placed this suction cup like thing over my mouth. He pressed a button, and I could feel air on my mouth. "Just relax, and you'll be far away from here." The voice said. I gasped, as my eyes started to flutter closed, and a loud bang was heard.

I jolted awake, gasping for air, and running my hand over my mouth, feeling for the air mask. It wasn't there. I looked up, and saw Louis. He was holding me, and looking down at me with a concerned expression on his face. He had large bags under his red eyes, and I realized that I had fallen asleep in his arms.

"Are you okay?" He cupped my cheek. Was I okay? I had just had a nightmare...well no it wasn't. I just remembered the day I had gotten taken, a day that I have never remembered. I blacked out that day, and somehow it all came back to me.

"I," I now remembered everything; what happened after Louis chased the car, "no. I'm not okay." I admitted.

"You can tell me anything." He was being so cautious around me, I could tell. He didn't want to say anything wrong. That's how fragile he thought I was.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything." I gulped. This is the most I've wanted to talk since yesterday. In order to satisfy my quench for the answer, I actually need to ask him.

"What happened after you chased the van down the street? After I got taken?" His face went pale, and his eyes washed out completely. He just but his lip, trying to steady himself. Why did I have to bring this up? Why would he want to remember this?

"I broke."

"What did you do?" I couldn't stop myself from asking the questions. I had never asked these before, and the half of me that wanted to know more was dying. I need to know what happened. He was silent for what seemed like forever. His mid had escaped somewhere else. "Louis?"

"Sorry, I was um...thinking. I made it to the highway, and he drove off. I was on the grass, the highway wall was there. So I punched it until my um...my hand was bleeding and throbbing. Then I feel down against the wall, and...I cried and screamed. I was dying. Then I...called 911." He ran all the way after the van to the highway? For me?