Chapter 10

Louis's POV:

It was Friday, glorious sweet rejoicing Friday. Friday, the end of school and a simple weekend to myself. And by myself, I mean with Ally. No school, people, or fancy dates. Friday, the day that I just get to sit at home and let my temper relax. And right now, I felt completely relaxed.

Ally's head was on my chest, and her chest was rising and falling. And the best part was, there was a smile on her face. Did she like it, waking up to me? Waking up to finding out she fell asleep on my chest? I know I would, I would love it so fucking much.

I'm laying on my bed, and the TV is on. There were two glasses on the side table from the milkshakes that we had attempted to make, and they were completely empty. The one light was on and the door was closed. I felt so pleased, at one with everything around me. I could feel my mind taking a break, my whole body just saying thank you. A big fucking thank you to Fridays.

An episode of Full House was playing on the TV, and I wasn't even paying attention. I was admiring her, the way she wrapped around my body for support. She didn't fall asleep like this. She fell asleep on the other side of the bed, watching the TV. Then, she turned over and held onto me. I could feel a wave of...good energy surrounding us. There were no interruptions, no people knocking on the door. It was just us. It was good for her too, she's had an awful rest of the week.

Since her dad came, she's been very weary. She doesn't hold onto my hand like usual, and she wasn't talking much. Her shit bag father ruined her week, yet again. They all just want her to be in pain, don't they? They all just fucking enjoy it. How she cries onto my chest telling me she's a fuck up, how she let's their words get to her head about us. She's beating herself up, because of them. She told me that if she could, she'd leave because it seems like the whole world is against her. I asked her what was keeping her from 'leaving'; her response was me.

She shifted her weight on me, trying to get comfortable. I sighed, turning off the TV. I have a feeling she won't be getting up from her spot tonight. I turned my head to the side table, reaching for the light switch. I stopped, looking at the bright blue book on top of the table. Lottie had given it to me. Knowing her, it's some stupid chick flick.

I looked at the time, 10:30. What else am I going to do? I'm not tired and I can't get up, so I might as well read it. I picked it up, and read the summary. Hazel? What the hell does this Hazel girl have to do with the title? I opened up to the first page. Here we go.

...

I read the lines of the book, one by one. The time was 1 in the morning. I didn't know the time had went by so quickly, or what page I was even on. I felt my hands getting sweaty, and I was trying to hold back tears. They seemed so in love, such beautiful love. And for the condition that they were both in, they still continued to love each other. I tried to stop reading, and to stop the tears from falling. But I couldn't stop either of those things from occurring.

She was so calm, keeping it all in. How could she be so calm about what was happening? She loved him! She fell in love with him, and she is okay with it? She might be losing him, she might be losing the one that she loves for good. She never had that opportunity before, and she's okay with it? He did so much for her, he brought her somewhere spectacular! He made her feel alive again, and she doesn't even feel sadness towards the situation?

And what about him. In this fucked up world we live in, the world does things like that. It takes you, and it destroys you. He probably feels awful, feels like he can't do anything for her. He's losing a fight with himself, and she stayed for it all. She stayed right by his side through every step of the way. That's because she knows him, and he knows her. They know each other better than anyone else.