Chapter Six

Michael's POV...
Tatum left a few minutes ago. I sighed. Nyhelie was really mad at me. I don't blame her though, I should've told her about Tatum. See, a year ago, I was dating Tatum, and the money I got from the shows, I would spend on her and I both. When the money stopped coming, she broke up with me because of my "priorities." I knew she was a gold digger. And Nyhelie was there for me, even though she had her own problems. When I went on tour in Japan, she started calling me, and she apologized for being a gold digger. Her and I did long distance, and now she's my girlfriend. I didn't wanna tell Nyhelie, but she found out. But she got angrier than I thought. I think she has a crush on me. But how doesn't she remember her telling me she loved me? And I shouldn't have ignored her like that though. I'm such an idiot. Now she thinks I hate her, and Tatum didn't do a good job proving herself better. I shouldn't have done that to Nyhelie though. Mother of course noticed that she didn't say anything to me.
"What's up with Nyhelie? Are you two fighting?"
"It's my fault Mother."
I began to explain to Mother what happened.
Nyhelie's POV...
I walked with Janet down the path to Sunset Park.
"Nellie?"
"What's up Janey Aney?"
"I don't like Tatum."
I looked at her and sighed.
"I don't either sweetheart."
"I wish he was with you. You two would be so cute together!"
I giggled.
"You have no idea."
"Wait, so you like him?"
"Yeah I do. I can't believe he doesn't like me!"
"I can help you get him!"
"Oh heavens no! That's okay. Just let him be happy."
She sighed.
"Tatum is to flirty! She always tries to get Michael to lay with her. I hear her talking to her friends every night at our house say 'Tonight's the night!' I don't even know what she means though!"
I felt so bad for Michael! She was using him for sex and money! She knows how shy he is! How could she?!
We made it to the park, and saw Emma Jeane sitting on the bench.
"Hi Emma! This is Janet."
"Hi Janet!"
"Hi Emma! You're so pretty, just like Nyhelie!"
"Oh no! Not this!"
I laughed.
"Oh stop! You are both pretty!"
Janet, Emma Jeane, and I took a walk through the park and enjoyed ourselves. We talked about boys, and school, and girl stuff, everything! We left at 6:30 to make it to the house at 6:45. We went inside, and helped Katherine with the dishes, and hung out with her. We laughed, and talked, and even sang like hooligans! Dinner was ready by 7 and everyone came downstairs to eat. Michael came down last. He looked irritated about something. Why should I care anyway? I'm invisible to him now. We all sat down and ate.
"So kids, how was school?"
Michael went first.
"It was okay. I just hung out with Tatum."
"What about you Nyhelie?"
"Oh it was actually good! I got an A on my first photography project, and I met a friend today. The one me and Janet with. Her name is Emma Jeane. And I thought I was gonna be invisible to everyone!"
I gave Michael an evil look.
He shot one back.
"I'm so happy for you Nyhelie! You can invite her to dinner next Friday!"
"That would be great!"
We continued to eat, and then Michael got a phone call. Michael came back.
"Mother, can Tatum join us for dinner, next Friday?"
I began to choke on my food.
Mrs. Jackson pat my back.
"Are you okay, sweetheart?"
I drank some water, and looked at Katherine.
"Yes ma'am sorry, I'm fine."
I gave Michael an angrier look, and he had an evil smirk on it. I was very upset. Why is he acting like such a jerk? What's he gonna do? Rub it in my face?
"May I please be excused? I'm rather tired."
"Of course. Make sure you clean those stitches."
"Thank you Katherine. Goodnight."
"Good night Tatum- oh I mean Nyhelie!"
That just broke my heart. I stared at him hurt and angrily, with tears in my eyes.
"Goodnight Michael!"
I rushed upstairs. I burst into tears, and slid down on the door. I went to the shower and got in. I felt a sharp pain on my side. Oh no. The stitches bust open! I tried to clean it, but it wouldn't stop, so I bandaged it after I got out of the shower. It was too much. The blood was everywhere. I put on a white tshirt and shorts, and tried to go down stairs. Everything was doubling.
I slowly made my way back to the dining room. I saw Katherine.
"Katherine?"
"Sweetheart are you alright?"
I removed my hands from my side. She gasped in horror.
"W-Why is t-there so much blood?"
All of a sudden, everything went black.
Michael's POV...
Congratulations Michael! You're officially a jerk! I feel so horrible about what I just did. I was just jealous, because my best friend is hanging with someone else. But that's what I get. The look on her face, when I purposely called her Tatum, it broke my heart. Just then Nyhelie came down stairs holding her side. Oh no. She removed her hands. Mother gasped in horror and she turned pale. Nyhelie fell to the ground with a thud, and Janet screamed.
"Nyhelie!"
Everything happened so fast. Next thing I knew, we were at the hospital, in the waiting room. Just then, the doctor came in.
"Jackson?"
"Yes! How is she?!"
"She out herself under too much stress, causing the wound to reopen along with the stitches. The internal bleeding came back, but fixed that completely. She lost a lot of blood. She can go home tonight though."
We were all relieved. After we signed the discharged papers, they wheeled her out. She looked out of it. We put her in the car. There was an awkward silence the whole time. We got out and I carried Nyhelie upstairs. I sat her on her bed, and held her hands.
"Nyhelie."
Silence.
"Nellie-"
"Why, Michael? Of all people, I trusted you the most. You broke my heart. Now you're with Tatum again, and she's gonna break up with you again. You ignored me, and I wondered what I did. Then what you did earlier at dinner. That was really immature. And it hurt me to the core. Why?! Why Michael?!"
My eyes brimmed with tears.
"Nyhelie, I'm so sorry! I don't know what I was thinking. Words cannot describe, how much I hate myself for doing this to you. Please Nyhelie. Forgive me? I promise you I will make it up to you. Just please."
Nyhelie's POV...
"I'm just so tired of getting hurt!"
I burst into tears. He held me tight and laid me down. He sang the tune to me again. I fell asleep.