Chapter Twenty-One

2 weeks later...
I nursed Nyhelie back to health, but I still haven't told her. She thinks I waited for her. I'm just so confused. What is going on?
I just brought her soup in the room. She was sitting in bed writing in her diary. When she looked up and saw me she smiled.
"Hey Mickey!"
"Hey Baby Girl."
I smiled at her with guilt. I handed her her soup, and sat at the foot of the bed. As she ate the soup, I watched her. When she finished it she handed my the bowl.
"Thanks baby."
"Of course. Um Nyhelie?"
"Mhm?"
She kept writing in her diary.
"I have something to tell you."
"Wassup?"
"I didn't know you wanted to wait for me, and I don't know what's going on. I'm engaged to Lisa Marie."
She stopped writing and looked at me. She smiled at me, yet I could tell she was devastated.
"Wow! Really congratulations! I'm happy for you Michael! Really!"
A tear fell from my eyes. I held her face in my hand.
"Nyhelie, I'm so sorry Baby Girl."
She began to cry.
"Why didn't you wait for me Michael? You knew I would never leave you!"
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"
I grabbed her, and smashed my lips onto hers, then I hugged her, and rested her head on my chest. We cried in bitter pain for a long time, then I looked into her eyes and wiped her tears away.
"I love you so much Nyhelie. I promise you if this doesn't work out, I gonna get you back."
She touched my face with her trembling hand.
"Don't worry about me anymore. It's time for me to stop trying. Go be happy Michael."
I cried harder, and laid my head on her lap. She stroked my hair. I didn't know we fell asleep.
"Michael!"
Nyhelie and I both shot up to see an angry Lisa.
"Why are you laying on her?! You're supposed to be laying on me! She's the past! I'm now! We're getting married!"
"Lisa! Don't start your bullshit with me!"
"No Michael. She's right. You shouldn't waste your time in here. I'll be fine!"
I looked at her.
"I'm sorry Lisa. I promise I won't bother your husband anymore. You guys need to bond before your big day."
Lisa just crossed her arms. I took Lisa out of the room.

3 days later...
Nyhelie's POV...
Living here with Lisa is hell! She cuts up my clothing, steals my food, uses up my stuff, and it's bullshit! But I've been trying hard to continue to act like I'm happy and I don't care. Michael seems miserable! Poor thing, every time he tried to talk to me, Lisa drags him off in a different direction. And the family hates her. Katherine calls her 'Ms. Prissy!' and Janet loves to talk to me about her and what a bitch she is. Well they're right. I have to get out of here. I decided to pack a bag. Just then Michael and Lisa came in the room and I hid the bag.
"Nevea, we would like to ask you a favor."
"Nyhelie."
Oh no.
"Michael thought it was a good if you were our photographer!"
I didn't feel like smiling.
"Okay that's fine, let me know when you're ready."
"Thanks Nina."
"It's NYHELIE!"
Michael and Lisa looked at me in shock.
"I can't do this! After this Michael, I'm gonna go out to see Katherine and Janet."
"O-okay that's fine."
"What're you doing?! Get out and get ready so I can get out of here! Damn!"
Lisa left but Michael stayed.  He touched my shoulder. I jumped as tears fell out of my eyes.
"Nyhelie please talk to me-"
"What's the point of me even staying here? She wants me out of the house. She's been sabotaging my stuff, she cuts up my clothing, and this bullshit is getting on my nerves, but it's okay. Go Michael, she'll be looking for you."
He turned me around, and lifted my chin to look into his eyes. He smashed his lips onto mine. When he let go, I blew a fuse.
"DONT DO THAT MICHAEL! YOURE ABOUT TO GET FUCKING MARRIED! Please... just I'm sorry. Go get ready."
He sighed and left.

Taking the pics were hell, but I didn't say anything. I just snapped pics. When it was over, I grabbed my purse and left.