Chapter Ten

1985
5 years later...
Grammy's
Michael created his greatest masterpiece, Thriller. Right now, it's the best selling album of all time. And he's got a fiancé. Brooke Shields. Another bitchy Barbie doll. He avoided me and stopped talking to me ever since that kiss. Not only that, but Emma Jeane left the country to be a missionary. Great. I was alone. I became deeply depressed. I even stopped eating. I was selected to do a special dance for the audience in the Grammys. I wore a beautiful light blue see through dress attached to a leotard.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, here a special treat for all you people tonight. Introducing the beautiful Nyhelie!"
Michael's POV...
Wait a minute... Nyhelie? I watched in awe, as she gracefully glided on stage. She began to dance to the music, and gracefully swung her hips to the music. She made eye contact with everyone, then she spotted me. Instantly, her eyes clouded over with hurt and pain. I could tell she wasn't herself. She was thinner, and she looked more sad than she was 5 years ago. I don't blame her. I ruined everything between us once again.
Nyhelie's POV...
Oh hell no... Michael, and his fiancé Brook. In the front row. I looked away from Michael and continued to dance. When I was done, everyone applauded. I ran off stage tearing up. 3 hours later was the after party. I had changed into my orange dress, with no arm sleeves, and it flowed gracefully as I walked, and an armband with a few. Necklaces, and white pumps.
When I walked in, a waiter handed me a glass of champagne. I dipped it as I walked around, looking at all the stars around. Another waiter brought in some Somoas, my favorite Girl Scout cookies. I grabbed one, And slowly ate it. I went to a couch and sat down, and spotted Michael and Brooke. How disgusting. As the waiter was about to walk by, I grabbed tray of champagne, and gulped down every glass, while watching them.
17 glasses later...
I wasn't in my right mind. How am I gonna get home now?
Michael's POV..
Nyhelie looked so beautiful in her light orange dress. It wasn't as showy as Brooke's, it was beautiful and it was perfect on her. I watched as she took a glass of champagne, and her favorite cookie, and sat down on couch. All of a sudden she spotted me and her eyes re clouded with hurt and depression. I watched in shock as she grabbed a tray of champagne  glasses and began to drink them down.
17 glasses later...
Yep. She was definitely drunk. She got up and stumbled over to me and Brooke.
"Hey! Aren't you the guy that broke my heart 5 years ago? Oh my gosh hi! It's so bad to see you!"
Oh no. She began to stumble over to me, and tripped on her dress. I caught her before she could fall.
"Wooo! Whoopsie daisy! Almost had a fall! That reminds me of something my doctor said to me earlier. What was it? Ohhh! I know! I can't fall, and if I do, I'll break my ribs. You know why? Don't tell my doctor this, but I haven't been eating! Isn't that great?"
My heart broke. She hasn't been eating? Is she that bony? I looked at Brooke, who was shocked and had a disgusted look on her face.
"Michael, who the hell is this bitch?!"
"Brooke! Don't call my best friend a bitch!"
"Ex-Best friend! Yay!"
When Nyhelie said that it broke my heart even more. I wasn't even prepared for what she said next.
"Did you know, he was my first kiss the night after Tatum cheated on him, and he dropped me like a hot pot sticker for 5 fucking years?! And do you know I've been depressed?! Isn't it funny?! And you're just probably another plastic Barbie bitch who's after his money! You should take his stupid engagement ring that should have been mine 7 years ago and shove it up your ass!"
"Nyhelie!"
She began to laugh again. Brooke was angry.
"Brooke baby, please I'll call the driver and tell him to take you home. I can handle her."
"But-"
"Go."
She got up and stormed off. I got Nyhelie, and stood her up. All of a sudden she began to hit my chest.
"Get off me you fucking ass! I don't need your help! I never did!"
She began to cry and shout at me. I picked her up and put her over my shoulder and carried her out to my rolls Royce. I set her down, and she ran to a bush, and puked her guts out. Thank God none got on her. I watched in guilt as she finished puking and fell to the ground sobbing.
"Why Michael?! Why can't anyone love me?! Am I that hard to love?! Why am I always alone?! I wish I could die!"
Tears came down my face. Wow. I never knew she felt that way. I'm such an ass. She was about to run off, and I grabbed her by the waist and dragged her to my car.
"Nyhelie no!"
I held her on the ground and rubbed her back, while she just sobbed in my arms. Then it fell silent. She was asleep. I picked her up bridal style, and set her in my car. I put her seat back so she could lay comfortably. I took off my rhinestone jacket, and put it over her. I'm glad I parked my car here, so the paparazzi won't find me. I got in and drove off to Hayvenhurst. When we got to a red light, I stopped and looked over at Nyhelie. She was knocked out. She looked unhealthy. There were bags under her eyes, and you could see her ribs. She hadn't aged a bit though. She was still a very beautiful woman. The one thing I liked about how she kept herself was that she never wore makeup, but some lip gloss. She was a stunning woman. Her gold curls cascaded down her shoulders to her wrists. Her hair was so much longer than it was 5 years ago. I liked how she never cut it. She had been through a lot, and it was mostly my fault. She was lonely, and insecure. But this time, I vowed to never let her slip away again. Ever. When we got to Hayvenhurst, I carried her inside. Mother mother was in the living room. Great. Interrogation. Mother looked shocked.
"Is that Nyhelie?!"
"Yes Mother, she got drunk."
I set her down on the couch.
"Wow, she looks terrible! What happened to her?"
I sat on the couch and put Nyhelie's head on my lap. I sighed.
"Mother, I found out she hasn't been eating and she's depressed. It's all my fault. Again."
I explained to mother everything from those 5 years.
"Mother I can't let her get away. I just can't. Can she please live here until Neverland is built?"
"Of course Michael, but you must understand, she may not trust you anymore. You did break her heart too many times. But Janet and I can help you."
"Thank you mother."
"I'm just glad you didn't bring Brooke."
"Mother! Not again."
"I'm just saying Nyhelie would be so much better."
I knew mother was right. She would be better. I sighed. I carried Nyhelie upstairs. I brought her in my room, and laid her on my bed. I turned my head and took of her dress, and slipped one of my shirts on her. I tucked her under the covers and went in the bathroom. I took a shower, and put on my pajamas, and went on the other side of the bed. I got in, and kissed Nyhelie's forehead. I got one more good look at her before she scooted close and held me tight.
"I love you so much Michael."
I looked down at her. And smiled softly to myself. This time it was officially true.
"I love you more, Nyhelie."