A walk, A talk

5th March, 2017
Dear: Diary

Sigh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ANGELA!!! ANGELA!!! ANGEL---"
"Could you BE any louder?"
"Don't take that attitude with me young lady."
"Whatever. What do you want?"
"Well, I have to work tonight and your sister is going to a sleepover later. I need to walk her there."
"And you had to shout my name to tell me this?"
"Listen to me, if you thin---"
"Don't need to listen to this talk again. What time to get her there by?"
"For 9:30. The address is on the fridge. Now I have to go. Let me know when you have left."
"Whatever."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My little sister. She's just a little bundle of joy. I love her to death I must say. When mom and dad died, she kinda kept me calm when the girls couldn't. I would do anything to protect her and I mean anything. The only time I don't drink or smoke is when I'm around her or if she's awake because I don't want her to see her big sister doing that sort of stuff. She's innocent and she doesn't need that kind of influence on her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Angela? Where's your sleeping bag?"
"It's in my room, where's yours?"
"I forgot to pack it before we left."
"Sigh. Poor child, go get it."
"Thanks Angela."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You ready?"
"Yeah, lets go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sis... are you ok?"
"Yeah Anna, why you ask?"
"You seem upset. I don't like when big sister upset."
"I'm ok sweetie."
"Okay."

"Hi goodnight, I'm dropping off Anna."
"Goodnight Angela, your aunt told me you were coming. Melissa! Anna is here. Come in sweetie, she's upstairs."
"So you'll drop her off tomorrow?"
"Yeah, thanks for dropping her."
"No problem."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I dropped off Anna, I took my steady time back. I had a cigarette in my pocket for when I dropped her off. It was a nice walk. The wind was cool and it was a quiet night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You shouldn't be out here alone you know."
"I was dropping off my sister."
"Nice."
"Yeah."
"Angela..."
"What Candy?"
"What happened to you? Actually, what happened to us?"
"We WERE the best of friends until you decided to switch up and be a bitch to me."
"Okay I get it, I was a bit of a bitch back then but---"
"A bit? You made school a living hell for me before I decided to change myself."
"And I'm sorry for it. Honestly I thought you were gonna leave me so I just decided to leave first."
"And you thought the best time to do it was two days after my mom died."
"Alright listen. I'll admit, I was a serious bitch to you. I did a lot of things I shouldn't have done to you but honestly, I've never had a friend like you'll, I'm sorry."
"Candy wh..."
"Let's go down my the field tomorrow. Have a couple drinks, smoke a bit and talk."
"Hmm, okay."
"Thanks."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Really and truly, me and Candy could end working things out but I don't think she might really be telling the truth about the fact she's sorry.

Signed
A. Grant