A drink, A cigarette, A talk

6th march, 2017
Dear: diary

Some people just...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Morning."
"Hey Angela, Anna is in the car, still asleep."
"Ok I'll lift her out... did they have fun?"
"They had a blast. I thought they would never sleep."
"Well it does explain why this one is still sleeping. I'll carry her to her room. Wake her up when her aunt is ready to take her to school. Thanks for taking care of her tonight, I'm sure I'll hear a whole lot about it soon."
"Yes yes . No problem. Have a good day."
"You too."

"Big sister?"
"Now, I know this isn't the same girl that was out cold in the back seat a few minutes ago."
"I was pretending."
"Why?"
"So you would lift me."
"You are just a little trickster"
"I don't feel well."
"Now, is this another trick?... hmm ok, I'll take care of you. I'll call your teacher. I have to do something first. Need anything, just call Amy. She's staying home."
"Okay."
"I'll be back."

"Anna's not feeling well, I have to leave for a while so keep an eye on her until I come back."
"No prob, where you going?"
"I'm going to have a drink, a cigarette and a talk with a fr... acquaintance."
"Hmm ok. See you soon then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My sister is probably the only person who really sees the good side in me. She's a little trickster. She gets it from our mother. I miss her so much. I miss dad too. I was always told I was just like him. Guess that's why we were closer than me and my mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*A couple years ago*

"Angela, I'm about to go for a jog, wanna come."
"Ughhhhhhhh."
"You, get your lazy butt up and get your gym clothes on."
"But daaaaaadddddd."
"But dad nothing. Up and at em. Let's go!"
"Fineeeeeeeeee."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On my way to the beach to meet Candy, I was thinking about turning back. I wasn't too sure about talking to her. I mean she is a real bitch. But I kept going and reached. I patiently waited for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wow, you actually showed up."
"I was gonna turn back but my mind was saying otherwise."
"Hmm, got the drinks?"
"Yeah, you got the cigs?"
"Yeah."
"Okay, let's talk."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anna, how you fe... Aren't you supposed to be in bed... And not feeling well?"
"Ummmmmmm."
"Angela was right. You are a little trickster. Why'd you lie?"
"Because I wanted to spend time with my sister."
"Hmm, ok. Well she'll be back in a while. I'll leave you to keep playing."
"Amy, why is my big sister sad???"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So that's pretty much everything."
"Hmm."
"I know I said it already but I really am sorry Angela. I need my best friend back honestly.
"Candy if I forgive you and accept back into my life, promise me you won't switch up again and be such a fucking bitch. "
"I promise. I do."
"Okay fine."
"Thanks Angela. I guess we should finish the drink and head home."
"Yeah."
"Here's to a friendship restored."
"Cheers."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finished the drink with Candy and headed home. If it really is that I have my best friend back, well I guess I should be able to forget about anything negative for a while. I don't know how the girls would think though. They are like sisters to me to be honest so they aren't replaceable. But they were here when I got into my disagreement with Candy and when I almost choked her to death so I don't know what they are going to say when I  tell them the news. On my way home I got a text from Amy telling me the Anna wasn't really sick and she needed to talk to me. I knew that little trickster couldn't really be sick but I wanted to know what Amy wanted to talk about. I picked up some food for us and I drove the rest of the way home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm home."
*silence*
"With food."
"Heyyyyyyy Angela, you're back!!!"
"Wow, I see someone's excited to see me."
"Whatever. What'd you bring."
"I bought Anna a kids meal and I bought us each 2 sandwiches."
"Awesome."
"Is she upstairs?"
"Yeah playing with her dolls but before you go up there, we need to talk."
"Okay what's up?"
"Umm so I went to check up on Anna and when I went to leave after I found out she wasn't sick, she asked me a question that kinda caught me off guard."
"What'd she ask?"
"She asked why are you upset."
"What?"
"I know. Then she said she doesn't like it when you are and that she saw you drinking one night while everyone was asleep last week. She said it made her feel sorry for you and she wanted to know why."
"She saw me drinking?"
"Yeah. And she also said that she your face crying. She said that she'd rather stay home with you than having to leave you upset."
"Sigh. Oh Anna, I love her. I'll go talk to her."
"Yeah ok but umm Angie?"
"Yeah?"
"Are you ok?"
"Sigh. I'm... not sad, that's for sure."
"Okay."

"Hey you."
"Hey Angela."
"I brought you a kids meal."
"Thanks."
"No problem.... Anna, why'd you stay home today?"
"..."
"Come one, you know you can talk to me."
"Cause I don't like to see you sad. Why are you sad? Is it mommy and daddy again?"
"No sweetie."
"Then why?"
"Let's just say big sister has to get her life back on track and little sister just has to know that her big sister will be alright and that she loves you."
"Okay. Well... feel better?"
"Hmm. I feel better already. Now that you are here."
"I love you."
"And I love you. And you are going to school in the morning."
"But Angelaaaaaa."
"No ifs, ands or buts. You are going."
"Fineeeee. Thanks for the food."
"You're welcome."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can always count on my little sister to put a smile on my face. I love her so much and I intend to keep her in my heart always.

Signed:
A. Grant