Do You?

Jan 5th, 2017

Today I picked up my phone and messaged Jacob. I decided that we should talk. I told him to meet me by where Amy and I hang out every Saturday to smoke in peace. I took my keys and I set off. Throughout the drive, all I could think about was my decision. I asked myself so many questions like "was it the right decision?" "will I be happy with my choice?" and others. I got there and waited patiently. I just sat on the car and looked at the view while trying to calm myself down. I then heard another car pull up. It was Jacob. Right then and there, my heart started to race. I was so nervous. By the way he looked, he seemed nervous as well, but not as nervous as me.

"Hey you."
"Hey Jacob."

"So before you answer the question I just wanna let you know I will understand your decision."

"Jacob..."

"And if you say we should see other people, then I guess we should I will never love anyone like..."

"Jacob..."

"Just know I am really sorry about what I did and I..."

"Jacob!!!"

"yes, sorry. You can talk now."

"I... forgive you."

"So what does this mean?"

"What do you think?"

I kissed Jacob. I told him that even though we may be together again, it doesn't mean I fully trust him. He understood and told me that he will do whatever he can to gain my full trust again. We spent a good while together before I left. It felt like back in our relationship before we broke up. I got home and as I stepped through I had three faces staring at me.

"Ummm, hi?"

"Well???"

"Well what?"

"Did you forgive him?"

"Yeah I did."

I forgot my best friends have the most annoying screams in the world. I told them that Jacob and I got back together but it will be a work in progress. They acted like they just found out about a sale. While they stayed inside watching tv, I went on the roof. I just needed some time to myself. I just hope that Jacob and I really get back to normal and that I will be able to trust him again too.

Signed:

A. Grant