Chapter 7

Haley's POV

When we got into the gym Nathan and I went our separate ways. He went into the guys locker room and I went with the cheerleaders to stretch. We started our cheer that Brooke had choreographed perfectly and when we were finished the guys game put to warm up. They all looked 'in the zone'.

When they were finished I went up to Nathan and jumped on his back.

"Hey looser good luck, don't lose!" I said as I smiled from ear to ear. He laughed and put me down.

"Well I won't as long as I've got you cheering for me." He told me with a wink. I was glad he felt that way.

"Okay later looser. I'll talk to you after the game." I said as I gave him a kiss on the cheek.
I walked back over to the squad and saw rach-ho Gatina as Brooke, Peyton and I like to call her, walking toward me.

"Get back in your own league tutor slut. We all know Nathan is mine." She said in her usually bitchy tone.

She and Nathan we under no circumstances dating but she liked to think they were. I didn't admit it to many, really I had only told Peyton that I liked Nathan as more than a friend. As we had been getting closer I found myself falling for him. I could never tell him that though. Our friendship is too important. I do get jealous when people like Rachel try asking him out. I mean come on... she's a bitch! And he deserves better, even if it's not me.

"I think you'll find that she is in her league and you are way out of his" Brooke said pointing to Nathan. She DESPISES Rachel.

"No I'm not out of my league because we are nothing more than friends" I tell her, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.

"We'll see. I saw how you were looking at him honey. Just stop you don't have a chance"

And with that rach-ho walked back to her position as the game started. I really had to say I was annoyed. I mean first of all her and Nathan are not and never will be dating, and second of all how can she tell me I'm out of my league? Who put her in charge of the league?

I put my attention back on the game. We were up by 10 points and it was about to be half time. Nathan was playing amazingly, having scored most of the points. Luke had scored the rest.

He had just scored another one as I saw him and Peyton wink at each other. They will be a couple soon, I can feel it.

The game had just finished and we won by a landslide. I went up to Nathan straight after. He was talking to Dan
"Well I suppose that will do. I mean it's no Dan Scott game but to be the best you got to beat the best. Which is me and you were no where near as good as I was." He said with a smug look on his face. Ugh I just want to slap that man in the face!

"Whatever dad. I'm going over to Hales. She won't put me down unlike you" I decided it's time to step in. I grab Nathan's hand and pull him away from the Ass that is Dan Scott.

"So you heard that huh?" He asked. "Ya I did. Look Nate the mans an ass. Please don't listen to him cause. He's just full of crap. The team would be nothing without you so don't let him get to you." I say as he puts an arm over my shoulder. "Thanks Hales you always know what to say." He says with a smirk to replace the frown Dan put on his face. I slightly blush.

"What can I say it's a talent. Now let's get on the bus. We have to go back to mine and change before the party. Brooke and Peyton are meeting us there but they gotta go home first."

The bus ride, again, went pretty quick. We both slept most of the way. When we got to my house I went into my room to change and do my hair and make up. Nate grabbed his clothes he dropped off earlier and got showered and changed him self.

I was wearing a black crop top with denim shorts. My hair was curled and I had light make up with a nude pink lip on. When I walked out Nate was sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Hey Brooke and Peyton haven't come yet have they? Oh and where's Luke?" I asked
"Brooke called, her and Peyton are going straight to help Luke set up at the beach house. We should probably get going soon though." Nate said as he got up and turned around.

"Wow Haley. You look amazing. We really are gonna have to use the signal tonight." He said as I laughed.

"Well thanks Nate you don't scrub up so bad yourself. I won't be the only one needing rescuing via signal."
Me and Nate had a signal. If someone was trying to hit on either of us and we had 0 interest in them we cough three times in a very over dramatic way to get the others attention. The other one would then go save them by taking them away from the guy/girl with the same excuse every time, 'Luke needs to talk to you'.

We left and once we arrived at the beach house it was packed. I started to feel kinda anxious. Nate saw this and grabbed my hand. "Your fine. I'm right here." He assured me as he pulled me into the house towards the stairs. "Um Nate where are we going? No offence but this looks weird." I asked as I laughed. I felt a spark run up my arm as he took my hand again. "I just wanna show you something."
We reached the top and he took out a key and opened a door.

"This is my bedroom here. It's off limits so if it gets too much or anything come up here and text me. I'll come up to you straight away." He said as he handed me the key.

"Nate that's so sweet of you. I really appreciate it. Now come on let's go down and have some fun." I said giving him a quick hug.

I went to get a drink when this guy came up to me. "Hey your Haley right? Nate's girl?" He asked with a rude tone. "I'm not interested in sorry." I say as I put down my cup. He grabs my arm and pulls me back. "Hey you never answered my question I just wanna have a little talk." I was scared. I looked around and couldn't see Nate anywhere. I coughed three times but he was no where to be seen. "Look I really have to go. Just let me go" I say as he's still holding on to my arm. "Not a chance. Your too pretty to be with a guy like him. You should be with someone like me." He points to Nathan who is walking towards us. Oh thank god. I cough three times again very loudly. Nathan immediately looks up and runs over to us. "Let her go right now." He shouted at the guy. "Oh of course the hero Nathan Scott had to come up and save his little friend. Meh I didn't want her anyways. She doesn't belong here." He loosens his grip on me. I can't breath. I run upstairs and take out the key to unlock the door. Once I'm inside I take out my phone to text Nate but my battery is dead. The room was spinning and I know I'm having a panic attack. My breathing becomes faster as I feel the tears streaming down my face. I sat on the bed praying that Nathan would come find me. He always calms me down.

It was a good ten minutes before I heard a knock on the door. I was too scared to open it. What if it wasn't Nate?

"Who's there" I asked.
"It's me Nathan open up." I still didn't fully trust is was him. It was silent for a minute then a Polaroid slipped under the door. It was the one of me and Nathan that he always kept in his wallet. I knew it was him and opened the door. He ran in and immediately took my in his arms. He started to stroke my hair and whispered that everything was alright he's there now. And thank god he was. I don't wanna know what would have happened if he wasn't there with me. After about 10 minutes I stopped shaking. I lifted my head to face him. "So what happened?" I asked.

"How'd you know?" He asked with a chuckle. "Well you weren't by the drinks when that guy came over so I assume you were talking to her." I said. Nathan had a big crush on this girl called Riley so he was gonna ask out tonight. It really hurt but it's the way it is and I can't change it.

"Oh ya well she said no so whatever." I immediately knew he was lying, but I let it go.
"Ok well could you drive me home please?" I asked him. He wasn't drinking tonight.

"Sure thing" he said.
We walked back to his car and drove to my house.

A/N
Longest chapter yet! Tell me if it's too long please. Nathan's POV next.💜
Just to clarify Nathan and Haley are not dating but some people think they are cause there alway together