Chapter 14

Haley's POV

It had been a couple of weeks since Nathan moved in. It was different to say the least. It was great in so many ways because if I missed him or I felt anxious or anything was wrong I knew he was in the next room which felt amazing. The only bad side was the rumours. God I hate rumours. There had been so many going around. They didn't even make sense. It went from slightly crazy like he got kicked out cause Dan didn't like me to extremely crazy like he was really Karen's son and Luke was debs son. I had to laugh sometimes at people's imagination.

I was walking home from cheerleading one day, by myself. Luke and Nathan were stuck behind running laps cause they didn't make there free throws. Nathan said if I stayed he'd drive me home but I had a lot of homework so I decided to walk. It was starting to get a little dark and I couldn't shake the feeling someone was following me. I started to get a little worried so I hurried up my walk when a guy wearing a mask jumped out behind me. I was terrified. I saw that he was holding a gun.

"Empty your pockets and bag right now." He said forcefully.

"There's nothing there I have nothing on me I swear" I said crying

"I said empty them" he said more forcefully pushing me over. I fell back and hit my head on the rock behind me. I couldn't move. Everything went black and I could feel my self slipping into unconsciousness. I felt the man search my pockets and take my bag before I drifted off.

Nathan's POV

I was driving Luke home from practice after we ran more laps then ever. It was kinda dark so the street lights were on. As we were driving home I notice blood on the footpath. I slow down and am horrified by what I see. I stop the car and run out with Luke following me.

"Haley? Haley! Open your eyes Haley! Luke call a damn ambulance. Please Haley open your eyes" I can feel tears falling out of my own eyes. How could this have happened? I can hear Luke behind me telling the operator where we are and what our situation is. I've never been more scared in my life.

After what feels like hours we hear the sirens come down the road. The paramedics push us to the side to try and get to Haley. They ask us some stuff like her name, age. Then they ask us how it happened and we honestly can't answer them. We tell them we found her like this and we don't know how long she's been lying here.
"Okay well we want one of you to come in the ambulance incase she wakes up and then we need someone to get an adult." They tell us

"You go man I'll go get mom she'll know what to do." Luke says. I can't speak so I just nod and hop into the back of the ambulance scared for Haley's life.

Hope everyone likes that chapter. It's not long I know but the next will be longer. I had this idea and went with it but this story will be coming to an end soon. I'm thinking maybe 20 chapters?
Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment and vote.❤️