Chapter Two

I woke early the next morning so I decided to do a little training. Quickly dressing in exercise clothes I make my way to the basement. When I get there, I decide to work on more offensive magic. I wanted to try out a new technique.

Aiming at the dummy, I think about Logan, how he held me, how it felt when we kissed, how warm his hands were. It wasn’t as good as being with him, but it worked and a small bolt of electricity flew out of my hands. Yes! After two months of training, I finally got electricity. I’m about to fix the dummy when my aunt comes in, “What are you doing?”

 She’s still in pajamas and I repress a laugh at her crazy of hair, “I got electricity!”

 She grins, “Really?” I nod and show her.  

When school finished I was walking home with my best friend when John came up to me, I gritted my teeth, “What do you want?”

 “To apologize, come on Babe, you know I didn’t mean it.”

I’m about to reply when my best friend, Samantha, slaps him across the face, “You cheated on her! If you ever come near her again I’ll make you regret it. Get out of here before I make it so you can’t have any kids.”

I turn and smile at Sam as John runs off, “Thanks.”

She shrugged, “No problem. Hey, can I sleep over tonight?”

I nod, “I have to ask, but I’ll call you when I find out.” As I finish my sentence a little black car pulls up next to us. I look at it with confusion, ready to attack, but when the window rolls down I see Logan.

Samantha’s eyes widen, and she curls a strand of hair around her finger, “Hey, cutie.”

Jealousy explodes in me and I snap at her, “Stay away from him!” Logan laughs at my outburst and Sam’s eyes widen in understanding.

“You mean he’s…”  Samantha is a witch too, that’s part of the reason we’re friends. The other part is that her mom and my aunt are good friends.

I nod, feeling guilty, “I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

She sighed wistfully, “I know, but dang you’re lucky! Well, hopefully I’ll see you tonight!”

Once she’s gone I turn to Logan, “Hey”

“Hi, your aunt said I could pick you up; you have to come to the store with me though.”

 I get in the car and we drive off. “You know you’re kind of hot when you’re jealous.”

I roll my eyes, but my lips turn up at the corners, “Thanks... I think. Okay, so today I actually used lightening today in magic practice!”

I don’t think he understood what I meant, but he said, “That’s awesome. Want to explain?”

We’re to the store by the time I finally get up the courage to ask a question I’d been wondering. “How old are you?”

“I am twenty-one,” He answers while driving around the parking lot.

“When is your birthday?”

“December seventeenth. When is yours?” I smiled; we’re only a little less than two years apart.

“July seventeenth,” In four months I would be a nineteen.

“And you’re eighteen now?” He checked.

“Correct,” I confirmed.

Logan parks the car and takes my hand, together we walk to the store. After a quick shopping trip, in which the cashier flirted uselessly with him, we were out of there. As we drove back to our houses we chatted and I found myself becoming more and more attached to him. We got to my house and I groaned when I saw John sitting on my porch. “He just won’t give up.” I muttered, wishing he would just leave me alone. He chose Kate, not me, why can’t he accept that?