Chapter Sixteen

Saturday started out at the store. It was about one and I was with Sam, standing in the middle of the mall. “So, what’s going on between you and Noah?” I decided to ask as I followed Sam.

“What do you mean?” She asked; avoiding my gaze and making me roll my eyes.

“He obviously likes you, the question is: do you like him back?”

Sam mumbled something and I gestured for her to repeat it louder. “Yes!” She exclaimed, looking embarrassed.

“Aw! You two would make such a cute couple.” I cooed, making her cheeks get pink.

“Shut up!” She complains, making me laugh.

“It’s true.”

“Oh! Let’s go in there!” She said and pulled me to the store nearest to us. I rolled my eyes at the change of subject, but followed her into the store.

By six at night we were all dressed up and ready to go. I was in a short blue dress with matching heels and my hair was curled. Sam was in a black jumpsuit type dress with a zipper down the middle and gold heels. Her hair was straightened down her back and we looked pretty epic.

The guys knocked on Sam’s bedroom door and we opened it to watch them gape at our outfits. Noah was the first to speak. He cleared his throat and offered his arm to Sam who took it gratefully. I shot her a wink to which she shrugged and looked away. I returned my gaze to Logan who was still staring at me. I gave him a shy smile and he wrapped an arm around me, whispering in my ear, “You look stunning.”

“Thank you,” I replied and we joined Sam and Noah at the bottom of the stairs. Tonight was going to rock.

The next morning I woke up with a dull headache, it wasn’t as bad as I’d thought it’d be, but it was still annoying. I opened my eyes and didn’t recognize the room that I was in. The walls were blank and it reminded me of a hotel room, which it probably was. I felt someone move behind me and went rigid. I turned around and felt relieved when I saw Logan fast asleep. I was also relieved to see we were both fully clothed.

I reached over and kissed Logan softly, successfully waking him up. He smiled at me and said, “Good morning.”

“Morning Sleeping Beauty… So, do you know why we’re in a hotel?”

He squinted and shook his head, “I can’t remember anything from last night.”

“Me neither,” I said, pulling myself out of bed and stretching. That was when I caught sight of a glistening on my finger. I pulled it in front of my face and felt like passing out when I saw a ring. I gulped and my gaze snapped to Logan.

“What’s wrong?”

“Please tell me you’re not wearing a ring,” I begged. He looked at his hands and his eyes got wide. “Do you think we really got married?” I asked.

He didn’t answer as he dug around in his pocket, pulling out a folded paper. He unfolded it and the corners of his lips turned up. I relaxed slightly; if he was smiling it probably meant this was all a misunderstanding. He handed it to me and as I read it I felt horrified, it was a marriage certificate saying my new name was Camille Miller. Logan pressed me to the bed and captured my lips with his, successfully making my head spin.

When he finally pulled away I gathered my thoughts and started freaking out again, “What are we going to do? Do you think we can get an annulment or would we have to get a divorce?” Logan looked at me with hurt on his face. Then he shook his head and all emotion disappeared off of his face.

“You want a divorce?” He asked softly.

“Don’t you?” I asked, wondering what was causing his weird attitude.