Chapter Sixteen

"Loving the wrong person doesn't mean you're stupid. It was stupid of that person not to appreciate your love." ~ Unknown

(dedicated to all those who have survived)

*Story dedication to a new writer i have had the pleasure of currently reading*

Caleb instantly revved his engine and reversed quickly from his parking spot. I watched as his car sped down the street and around the corner disappearing out of sight. The breath I had been holding I let go slowly and turned to face Aiden.

I knew Caleb was going to be upset, Matt being his best friends and all. The three of us were unstoppable freshmen year. I grew to love Caleb before I ever even knew Matt. Once Caleb started dating Lacey, it wasn't the same anymore but we were still friends.

Caleb would be the first to defend Matt, if I was to say anything badly enough against him. They were like brothers. The fact that Caleb found me outside with another guy in a romantic scene wouldn't go over well.

Not only even everyone think I was a murderer, but now they'd thing I was a murderer and a slut. I made some bad choices in my life, but I was far from a slut. The look on Aiden's face, told me he was concerned. The look on my face must have given away my thoughts.

"Who was that?" Aiden finally said. "Was that a guy from school?"

I nodded.

"Why would he honk like that?..." Aiden said looking down the road to where Caleb's car disappeared too.

I swallowed the hard lump in my throat.

"That was.. Caleb." I said finally pushing it past my lips with hesitation.

"Caleb?" Aiden said raises a brow in question. "I don't remember meeting any Calebs.."

"You probably met him, he's a likeable guy. On the football team." I said shrugging my shoulders, mostly hoping that the whole conversation could just change topics quickly.

"I just bet he is.." Aiden said trailing off. " why would he honk like that...?"

Aiden grabbed a hold of my waist and pulled me closely. We turned and looked out at the sea. I had to get to my appointment soon. I needed to be honest with Aiden if I wanted this whole thing to work in my favor these days. I instantly decided I had to tell him. I couldn't keep secrets from him.

"Caleb was Matt's best friend. We were all friends. Caleb was into my first- we hung out a lot, until Matt came into the picture and pushed me harder then Caleb did, I guess they had a guy thing and Matt got me over Caleb. Caleb is dating Lacey and has been for at least two years. I don't see why he would honk at us, unless he was upset by seeing me with another guy. I just don't know. Maybe he was defending matt, since...matt's...well you know...gone." I said quickly trying to rush all my words out. I turned my face to look at Aiden who held a relaxed posture and a lazy smile.

"So he's jealous?" Aiden wondered, running his hands up and down the skin on my sides.

"I don't know. I'm not him." I said with a smile. A tingle was running up and down my spine.

"So, can I walk you to your appointment today?" Aiden asked flashing me his best smile.

"Aiden..." I said raising my eyebrows at him. "Yeah...I guess you can. We should go though, it will be time soon."

Aiden grabbed a hold on my hand, and we began to walk the direction of our destination.

We walked for a while hand in hand, our arms swinging as we walked. At one point Aiden let go of my hand and grabbed me around my waist and pulled me closely. I wrapped my arm around his back and held on tightly. The short walk to my doctor's office was longer then I thought it would be. We walked in silence and I felt content with everything. I was worried, don't get me wrong I was really scared, but I felt safe with Aiden.