Chapter 31: The Date

Sadie and Macy come over to my house at 5:30 to help me get ready. I honestly did not think that it took that long to get ready for a date. Especially one that is with Tommy who knows how I dress and act and stuff. Apparently it does, though.

They had me shower, and then Macy brushed and dried my hair. Once my hair was dry, Sadie curls it a little at the bottom and puts it in a ponytail. Then, she starts on my makeup, while Macy picks out my clothes. The first thing she brings me was a dress that doesn't look like anything I own.

"Is that mine?" I ask in surprise.

Sadie rolls her eyes. "Of course not. Does it look like something you'd own?"

"It's mine," Macy answers. "Sadie and I brought over a bunch of clothes for you because you own practically nothing date-worthy."

I roll my eyes, and Macy disappears to get me another outfit. She comes back with a black skater skirt and a long sleeved white crop top. I raise my eyebrows at her, and she gives me a smile. "I didn't think so."

She disappears again, and Sadie lets me know that she's finished with my makeup. I look at myself in the mirror and nod in approval. It's very light, which I really like. I have on foundation that covers my zits, but nothing else, slightly pick lip gloss, and mascara. That's it. We walk into my room and almost run into Macy, who's walking out.

She smiles brightly. "I think I found something." She holds up a pair of blue skinny jeans, which I'm pretty sure is not mine, a gray sleeveless top with white lace at the bottom, which I'm also pretty sure is not mine, and a white sweater that probably is mine.

"That is perfect!" Sadie squeals right in my ear. I cover my ear, but nod. Sadie grabs the clothes and pushes them into my arms. "Go put them on! It's already 6:50!"

I walk into the bathroom wondering how the hell it takes so long to get ready for a stupid date. I put on the clothes with a little difficulty because of my boot. Right as I put on the sweater, the doorbell rings. I open the bathroom door and Sadie runs by to answer the door. Macy races behind her, but she throws a white sock and one of my white converse at me as she goes by. I pick up the sock and shoe with a sigh and sit on the toilet to put them on.

When I get to the top of the stairs, I see Tommy talking to Sadie and Macy. He looks amazing. He, too, has on jeans, but he gets to wear a gray t-shirt and tennis shoes. I mentally sigh and begin down the steps. The sound my boot makes on the wooden steps is really loud and makes everybody look up. Sadie and Macy smile proudly at their work, but Tommy's reaction is the best. He looks up at me in awe with his mouth hanging open, and I blush really hard.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and go to stand next to Tommy. He's still looking at me, but he's closed his mouth. I turn to Sadie and Macy. "See ya later."

"Hold on," Sadie says. She looks at Tommy and narrows her eyes. "Now, you listen, mister, because I'm only going to say this once. She needs to be home by eleven p.m. sharp. Even one minute late, and I'll kill you. Also, if I hear about one bad thing that you did I will hunt you down and hurt you and your family."

Tommy raises his eyebrows in shock, and I think a little fear. I just roll my eyes and pull him toward the door. "Goodbye!"

As I shut the door behind me I can hear Macy yelling at Sadie for being too hard on Tommy and scaring him half to death and probably changing his mind about dating me. I chuckle a little as we walk to the car.

He races over to my side and opens the car door for me. I smile and get him, and he shuts the door and walks over to the driver's side. Tommy gets in the car and backs out of my driveway.