Chapter 26: Smokey Eye?

The rest of the night is fairly uneventful. We eat ice cream, watch a ton of movies, and each eat more than twice our weight in junk food. I honestly don't know why Sadie's parents ever let us come over. All we do is eat their food. Although, we do that anywhere we go so I guess it doesn't really matter.

When all three of us are finally awake in the morning, I text Sam that we'll pick him up in two hours. After all, a girl has to eat. However, by the time two hours rolls around Sadie is staring blankly at an overflowing bowl of Cheerios while in her pajamas.

"Sadie," I say. No response. I say it a bit louder, but still no response. I sigh and walk up next to her. She doesn't really seem to take any notice of this, so when I yell her name in her ear, she jumps and hits her leg on the table. Cheerios and milk spill everywhere, and that's when she finally wakes up.

"Shit!" Sadie stands up and I can see several milk stains on her shirt, as well as Cheerios clinging to her fuzzy pants. She gives me a very annoyed look before walking out of the kitchen and marching up the stairs to her bedroom. I wince when I hear the door slam behind her.

I turn to Macy, who has been watching the entire thing with a bemused expression. "You're an idiot," she states matter-of-factly. I roll my eyes, and crutch over to the paper towel roll on the counter. I pull them until there is a wad of about fifty connected ones in my hand before tearing them off and crutching back. Macy walks over to me and tears the one long paper towel into two. She gets on her knees to wipe the floor, while I take the table.

Sadie doesn't come down for a good twenty minutes after Macy and I finish cleaning up. I'm tempted to go up and get her. However, she finally comes down, and I can see why it took her so freaking long. Her hair is in a high ponytail, and her makeup is absolutely flawless. She has foundation, a little blush, winged eyeliner that's perfectly even, nude-looking lipstick, and dark eye shadow that might be called smokey eye. Her outfit is just as perfect. She's wearing a white crop top, a maroon skater skirt, and white high-top Converse All-Stars.

"How the hell did you accomplish that in only thirty minutes?" Macy asks in awe. I honestly don't know how it could have possibly taken that long. However, I don't ever put on any makeup so maybe it should take longer than that. I'm suddenly very glad that I've never felt the need to wear makeup because I definitely would not have the patience, or precision, for that.

"Practice," Sadie replies and walks down the rest of the stairs, past Macy and I, and to her car. We follow her quickly and pile into the car, not even looking half as decent as her.

When we're all in the car and getting buckled. "Why are you so dressed up?"

She puts the car in reverse and backs out of the driveway. She then proceeds to ignore my question while putting the car in drive and going to get Sam from Brendan's.

Sadie acts oblivious the entire ride, and neither Macy nor I can figure out what else to say because she clearly does not want to talk about it.

We pull into Brendan's driveway, and Sam comes out the front door almost immediately. I don't even have to text him. He looks mad, but when he sees Sadie his expression turns into one of shock. He walks in front of the car and gets in the back with me.

"You look nice, Sadie," he says with a hint of awe. I roll my eyes. Why is everyone so awed by how she looks today?

She smiles as she backs out of the driveway. "Thank you, Sam."

He just nods as we get back on the road to out house.

***

"Why did Sadie look so nice today?" Sam asks me at dinner.