Chapter 1

The three of them stood in front of the council, the council of the afterlife. One of them looked firm and determined, his blonde hair reaching his shoulders, wearing leather from head to foot. His face was covered on one side by a long, painful looking scar which travelled gradually to his shoulder. Stood next to him was a man with medium length red hair, his eyes were hidden behind a pair of goggles with orange lenses in them and he wore a tattered striped shirt and jeans. They looked to have bullet holes in them.... Finally on the end stood a slightly hunched young man, with black hair that stood out behind him, he wore an oversized white shirt and baggy jeans with bare feet.

The council was made up of people who the Shinigami thought were worthy of keeping everyone in line. Some peoples' causes of death were obvious such as having bullet wounds, whereas other people's deaths were complete mysteries to everyone, unless they wanted to tell anyone about their deaths. As you can imagine most people didn't wish to say much about dying.

An old man with burns to his face tapped the little wooden hammer on the able to call the council to order.

"L Lawliet, Mail Jeevas ,and Mihael Kee-" the old man tried to begin.

"Call me Mello!" bellowed the leather clad blonde.

"Fine. Yes. Mello. Anyway we feel that as the council of the afterlife the three of you died rather abruptly, and we feel that you all had more to give to the world."

Various council members around the room muttered in agreement.

"As a result we have come to the conclusion that the three of you are to be resurrected, give you a new life I suppose; if you wish to put it that way. Anyway the three of you will be returning to earth. And Mihael Keehl or 'Mello' as I should call you, try not to get involved with the wrong people again."

Before they had time to react a bright white light engulfed them, and before they knew it they were on a random Tokyo street corner.

Matt smiled at being resurrected. Maybe he'd find her again, he hoped with every bone in his body that she was still alive.

"Matt? Matt!"

Mello's voice snapped Matt back to

reality.

"Look over there Matt who is it?"

There was only one person in sight, a person with white curls, an oversized white button up shirt, baggy grey pants and clutching a slightly chewed action figure in one hand. There was no mistaking it. There was only one person it could be. And that was-

"Near?" Mello said in a mixture of shock, disbelief and horror.

Before L and Matt could stop him, Mello charged up the street and tackled Near to the ground.

"Mello what the hell do you think you're doing?!" Matt said as he and L restrained the kicking blonde who was screaming profanities at the little albino boy.

"What the **** do you think I'm doing?! I get resurrected and this ************ is waiting for me!!!" Mello spat

Someone tapped L on the shoulder. They spun around to find the ex members of the SPK staring straight at them. The SPK had been disbanded after the finish of the kira case and no one knew their whereabouts, until now.

"Excuse me gentlemen you are coming with me."

And they were led away by police, without knowing what they'd done.

Well everyone except for Mello.....