Chapter 2

The four of them were led into separate rooms (yes four including Near, who now had a graze on his face and a fine layer of dirt and dust on his clothes) where they were all told the same thing. Due to the fact that the public had found out about their deaths and the existence of a third L, they were to be sent away to a boarding school for the gifted.

"So like the X Men movies?" Matt asked, his hands twitching for his DS.

"Yes Mr Jeevas like the X Men movies..." the former SPK member that had been assigned to tell Matt sighed.

After being driven in limousines with blacked out windows to the boarding school - literally in the middle of nowhere - they were shown to their rooms. They were nothing special, just a single bed on either side of the room, with a little table and closet for each of them. Matt would be rooming with Mello, and L would be rooming with Near. On the end of the beds their uniform was neatly folded with a little note attached.

"We are less strict at this school so feel free to mix and match our uniform with your own clothes. If not your own clothes will be fine so long as they are practical." Mello read the note aloud, while Matt set up his many gaming platforms around his side of the room. He smiled to himself; the uniform requirements suited him perfectly.

His smile faded when he noticed the most unpleasant thing he'd seen since he'd been resurrected (besides Near). His timetable. He screwed up the timetable and threw it across the room - narrowly missing Matt's head - in a rage. He'd just been resurrected! Why did he have to take these stupid classes anyway?!

He calmed down and reached for a bar of chocolate. Biting off a chunk he walked over, picked up the timetable and began to look at it again, well at least he didn't have to take P.E. He shuddered at the memories of P.E at Wammy's house.

Mello glanced down at the ridiculous timetable, lying crumpled in his hand and his rage returned. He was 19 for god's sake! Why was he even here at this stupid boarding school? First lesson was forensics, well that wasn't too bad. He headed along the corridor to the science lab and a tall, thin teacher lecturing two bored looking students.

"Miss Tokyo and Miss Kairi, you haven't completed the work again! How many detentions am I going to have to give you?!"

"Because it's boring and I don't even wanna be a scientist." One of the girls said. She had spiky black hair with red streaks that reached to just above her shoulders. She wore a white long sleeved button up shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. Over her shirt she wore a red and black, leather and lace corset, with tight black leather pants. She wore black, buckled, leather platform boots which made the tall girl even taller. (A/N: Picture I drew of Kairi to the side -->)

"Well then Miss Kairi what are you going to be?"

"A tattoo artist." She answered bluntly, folding her arms.

Her short, blonde friend (who Mello guessed was Tokyo) was by her side the whole time, nodding at everything the black haired girl was saying. She had messy bleach blonde hair that finished in the middle of her back. She wore a sleeveless black leather jacket with band badges on the collar over an off white tank top. Tokyo also wore a pleated, plaid skirt with lines of black, white and red running into each other on it, black and white knee high stripy socks and black Converse hi tops. She turned to Mello and their eyes locked as she realised Kairi and her had been spotted.

Kairi, however chose that moment to storm out of the classroom and dragged her friend with her. Muttering profanities under her breath, Kairi then flipped the teacher off while walking. Tokyo flashed an apologetic smile at Mello, and pressed a small chocolate bar into his hand as she was dragged past him.

Mello looked confused. What just happened?