Chapter 4

"Uhh hey gi-" Matt began slowly, realising how stalkerish he must've looked.

"Listen dude cut the crap why are our pictures on your screen." Kairi said while Tokyo nodded in time with everything she said and Yuki stared at him crazily with wide brown eyes.

Going bright red, Matt decided to tell the truth.

"I overheard you three talking about my friend Mello so I decided to see what you guys were like."

"So your not a psycho stalker who's gonna steal my llama?" Yuki spoke up for the first time, in a shy shaking voice.

"Uhh no..." Matt said feeling slightly confused.

Tokyo sighed "Look, don't worry. Hey dude is that a DS?!"

Matt looked at the gleaming silver DS on his desk, Matt always kept his prized possessions in mint condition. "Uhh yeah you a gamer?" he started to smile.

"Hell yeah! Super Mario and Pokemon all the way!" Tokyo smiled while pumping a gist in the air. "Wanna come to our room tonight? We got a load of food and games if you wanna come?"

"Sure" Matt smiled, thinking of the gaming night he used to share with Li- anyway, he needed to work out what pajamas he was going to wear! That sounded so girly.....

Later that night Matt, Mello, L and Near waited outside the girls' room. An excited Tokyo in plaid pajamas and a Green Day shirt answered the door.

"Hey guys come on in!"

Sat on various bunk beds and bits of floor across the room were Kairi and Yuki. The four boys sat down with them as Tokyo began liberating chocolate bars, gummy worms, cookies, cupcakes and various other snacks to satisfy a sweet tooth from different closets around the room.

L's eyes grew wide at the cupcakes and Yuki shyly offered him one; blushing as she started on her own cupcake. Matt and Tokyo meanwhile were engaged in an intensely competitive game of Mario Kart. Shouting and nudging each other, trying to knock each other off course.

"Just like Luna...." Matt thought to himself.

Kairi offered Near some food. "You want some?"

"No thank you, I find sweets to be overrated, particularly cookies." Near answered calmly, but arrogantly back.

The whole room fell silent and Kairi grasped the nearby cupcake as though it was Near's neck. Tokyo shot her a quick look and she dropped the mangled cake to what would've been the floor if Near's head wasn't in the way. Crumbs fell from his curls as he ran from the room.

Mello took this opportunity to reach for the last chocolate bar just as Kairi went for it too. Their hands met and they looked into each others eyes. They looked away blushing as they shared the last bar of chocolate, smiling contently at each other, as warmth filled them.