Chapter 12 - Changes

Two months later...

Jack sat on his couch in pajama pants and a baggy, grey hoodie. He was completely wrapped up in a blanket and pouting as he stared at the TV.

"Jack!" Mark called as he knocked on the door.

"Come in." Jack called back. Mark unlocked the door, stepped inside and kicked it back closed. He flopped on the couch next to his boyfriend and hugged him tightly.

"Why you so grumpy?" Mark wrapped his arms around Jack.

"I'm not grumpy." Jack huffed.

"Yes you are." Mark looked down at Jack with puppy eyes. "What's the matter?"

"I just feel sicky." Jack slouched and leaned back into the couch.

"Aw, I'm sorry." Mark kissed Jack's cheek. "I hope you feel better."

"Thanks." Jack rested his head on Mark's chest and sighed.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Mark asked.

"There's some ice cream in the freezer." Jack smiled softly. "I want that."

"I'll go get that." Mark stood up and walked to the kitchen. He grabbed the tub of ice cream and a spoon and walked back to the couch.

"Thank you!" Jack giggled and grabbed the ice cream from Mark. He popped the top off and started eating it straight from the tub. Mark wrapped his arm around Jack and started absentmindedly watching the TV. Jack sighed sadly and leaned into Mark.

"What's the matter?" Mark looked down at Jack.

"I just don't feel good." Jack avoided eye contact with Mark.

"Wow, I got you ice cream and you still don't feel good. You must be really sick." Mark pulled Jack up on his lap. Jack shifted uncomfortably and kept his eyes down. Mark felt Jack's forehead and furrowed his eyebrows. "You don't have a fever." Mark scratched Jack's back, and Jack rested his head on Mark's shoulder. "What's making you feel sick?" Mark asked.

"Mark," Jack sighed and paused. "I'm on my period." He said uncomfortably.

"Oh, why didn't you tell me?" Mark hugged Jack tightly.

"Cause I thought you'd be uncomfortable." Jack mumbled.

"No, it's fine." Mark kissed Jack's head and continued to massage his back. "The only thing that I find weird is that we've been dating for almost a year and I've never known about it."

"I'm usually pretty good at hiding it." Jack shrugged. "The key is to stay home as much as possible." Jack ran his fingertips over Mark's chest. "It just sucks. You just feel sick and horrible, and then you just feel crippling dysphoria all the time." Jack pouted.

"I'm so sorry." Mark hugged Jack tightly. "Can I get you anything else?"

"Just some ibuprofen." Jack slid off of Mark's lap and let him stand up. Mark walked into the bathroom, dug through the medicine cabinet, and grabbed one pill. After grabbing a glass of water from the kitchen, he walked back to the living room and handed Jack what he needed.

"Thanks." Jack popped the pill in his mouth and sipped the water. Mark kissed the top of his head and sat down. After Jack set down the cup of water on the small table beside the couch, Mark seized him again and pulled him onto his lap, hugging him tightly.

"Mark!" Jack shrieked. Mark kissed Jack's face repeatedly, making Jack squirm and giggle adorably. Finally Mark layed them both down, snuggling Jack close.

"I love you so much." Mark sighed happily, allowing Jack to burrow his face in his chest.

"I love you, too." Jack grinned, enjoying Mark's warm embrace.