Chapter 16 - Years Three and Four

"Mark, you have to find something." Jack sighed.

"I will eventually. I don't have to start school at the exact same time as you." Mark scrolled on his laptop.

"I didn't force you to come to New York so you could quit college." Jack leaned on his elbows.

"You didn't force me to come to New York or quit college. I made both of those choices." Mark shrugged.

"Mark, you should really finish school." Jack tried to convince him.

"I dunno, this YouTube thing could take off." Mark waved his hand.

"You shouldn't rely on that." Jack sighed.

"If it doesn't work out, I'll start school in the summer, alright?" Mark looked over at Jack.

"And you'll finish college?" Jack asked.

"I don't know." Mark shrugged. "College is boring. Being an engineer could be cool, but my parents really want me to take over their business, and that sounds like a really boring job to do for the rest of my life."

"I get that it's boring, but your education is important to me. I'm going out and getting my degree, and you should, too." Jack looked at Mark sternly. Mark sighed. "Hey," Jack put a hand on Mark's shoulder. "I love you. I want you to be successful," Jack looked down at Mark's laptop. "and if that's means you achieving your dreams of being a YouTuber, that's alright. Just please tell me that you'll get an education when you need it, okay?"

Mark looked over at Jack. He sighed, "Okay." Then kissed Jack's forehead.

----------

Mark had seen Jack's third performance that year. What Jack choreographed and learned never ceased to amaze Mark, and he was incredibly proud of his precious boyfriend.

Jack and Mark sat on their couch together, sharing a tub of ice cream while giggling. They finally moved in together when Jack started Juilliard and spent their days together in absolute bliss.

"God, memes are my life, man. I eat memes for breakfast. I can't live without them." Jack chuckled.

Mark's phone buzzed, so he pulled it out of his pocket.

"What is it?" Jack hummed, laying his head on Mark's shoulder.

"Email... From YouTube." Mark opened the email.

The two boys read the email and gasped.

"No way!" Mark squealed, "That's so cool!"

"Oh, baby, I'm so proud of you!" Jack grabbed Mark's face and planted a kiss on his cheek. Mark wrapped his arms around Jack, hugging him tightly.

----------

"...And I'm never gonna forget that. And I'm never gonna forget who I am, or why I do this. So thank you guys, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much. You have changed my life, and I am always gonna be grateful. So thanks again." Mark smiled sweetly at the camera. Mark gave his outro, and ended the video.

"Aw, you're so sweet!" Jack commented from the other side of the door.

"You're not supposed to listen!" Mark whipped around in his chair to face the door. "There's a reason you can't watch me record, I feel stupid."

"It's not stupid, it's sweet!" Jack called after Mark.

Mark stood up and opened the door. Jack tripped and tumbled onto Mark's chest, no longer being supported by the door.

"Hi." He giggled, looking up at Mark.

Mark sighed and hugged Jack. "You're obnoxious, but I love you."