Chapter 26 - Questions and Lies

Sexual content possible from this chapter forward ~ do I even need to warn you?

*

Cassandra stirred awake well before sunrise.

The first thing she noticed was she'd not been restricted whatsoever this night and luckily was still wearing the dress.

The second thing was the hot body of Ashe pressing into her, his arm loosely draped over her waist and his head resting just next to hers on the pillow.

Her first thought about not being restricted vanished.

She tried subtly to create some space between her and Ashe, but just like the other day his arm tightened around her waist to keep her still.

"Don't even try." His raspy morning voice, softly growling the command in her ear sent a shiver trough her body.

She stilled, trying her hardest not to mind the man next to her. She failed miserably. By the minute she became more aware of his hot body touching her. She was almost positive he was naked under the blankets, and that thought alone caused more shivering.

After what felt like an eternity of laying still in his one-armed embrace, she desperately needed to get away from him.

"Can I - use the bathroom?"

She felt his arm leave her waist at her question. Taking that as a yes, she quickly stumbled out of the bed. She couldn't see much so she walked with her arms stretched forward to find the bathroom door. Luckily she managed to find the handle without tripping and emberrassing herself in front of Ashe.

"Be quick, kitten." His voice followed her while she opened the door. "And ditch the dress."

Her breath stuck in her throat at his order and she closed the door hurrily. She didn't expect him to be so straightforward. She knew the deal she'd made most likely would include nakedness and lots of other things she didn't want, bus she'd hoped at least he'd give her some time to adjust - to slowly build things up.

She realised her hope had been idle.

Finishing her business way too quickly, she walked back into the bedchamber on shaky legs. She knew she didn't have a choice anymore. She choose this path for a chanche at freedom, she remembered herself. Just endure one month with him and you'll be free.

Her heart erraticly beating she slowly untied her dress. Letting it pool at her feet she stepped out, suddenly thankful the darkness she'd hated a few minutes ago still surrounded her.

Her nipples tightened as the cool air nipped at her naked body. With nerves swirling through her body she slowly climbed back under the covers, afraid of Ashe's intentions.

She didn't have to worry yet, however. He just took her back in his arms, burying his face in her hair and commanding her to sleep for another few hours.

He was certainly not a morning person.

*

A distant clashing from metal on metal woke her up to the sight of a very naked Ashe leaning out of the open window, looking at - based on the sound - his men, fighting.

It was light outside now, and if the men were training it would still be a few hours before noon.

She'd never seen a totally naked man before, and her virgin eyes took their chance.

Ashe's body topped those of the men in her fantasies about her dream prince easily. The muscles on his back were well defined, and while she knew his face sported a scar, his back was almost flawless. Either a sign of good swordmanship or a lack of battles. She feared it was the first.