54.

Delilah could recognize that face anywhere.

The face that was someone she looked up to for so many months. The one woman who always fought to make sure Delilah was always happy when nothing seemed okay. The one woman who became the mother figure Delilah lost just a few years before.

"Ms. Karen" Delilah spoke her eyes wide and her entire body frozen in place.

"Delilah is that really you"

"Well I'm not 11 anymore but yeah I think so" Delilah gave a small laugh and gave the woman a hug, and this time, she was taller than her.

"You're so beautiful and would you look at that you finally grew taller"

"Hey hey hey I was 11 okay"

"You guys know each other?" Shawn finally spoke up, looking at the two woman with eyes of confusion.

"There's something I haven't told you yet Shawn" Delilah took Shawn's hand and opened the door to the freezing cold, "We'll be back"

After shutting the door, Delilah threw her arms around herself, already feeling the freezing air return to her skin.

"There's something I haven't told you Shawn"

"Well yeah that's obvious, why didn't tell me you knew my mom what the heck Delilah" Shawn's voice raised a little, surprising Delilah. "Are you using me Delilah?"

"Woah Shawn don't get mad since I didn't know who the hell your mother was when I was 11 because surprise surprise there is more than one Karen in the world buddy" Delilah snapped, "And how was I supposed to know I would be going to the one hospital your mom was going to be a nurse at, exactly I was 11 I didn't"

"Why didn't you tell me"

"Because it's not exactly a great 'hey we met over text and I'm a type 1 diabetic who could die if I don't get enough sugar' conversation starter is it" she raised her voice slightly, and crossed her arms. Out of frustration and from the goosebumps that were forming on her arms.

"You're a diabetic? But why did you go to the hospital, I don't understand"

"I almost died Shawn thats why, I was so dehydrated and my sugar was so low, I went into what you ironically call a sugar coma for a couple days" Delilah laughed a little, "I was in the hospital for two months, and Mrs. Karen was my nurse the entire time"

"I'm sorry Delilah for snapping at you"

"It's okay Shawn, I'm a big girl I can handle it"

"Now how about we start this over again"

"I'm game"

And so they knocked on the door once again, and Delilah watched it open to reveal two adults watching them with smiles on their faces.

//

Guys this is important, so basically I realized I don't like this part but I want you guys for chose so I can continue the story from this or, the next part which will be like a different storyline so yeah you guys gotta tell me ok.