✎ letter 12

December 30th, 2010

Dear Ashton,

It's almost New Year's Day and the thought of a New Year's kiss lingers in my mind, swimming across the trillions of thoughts consumed by you. I would kiss you senseless if I could, trust me.

At night, I dreamt of your lips pressing against mine, your fingertips tracing the outline of my bones and your tongue tangling with my very own. Your touch burned against my skin, scorching and leaving the imprints of goosebumps. It electrified my veins and boiled my blood. And I swear to god, my heart felt as if it was crumbling into the deep depths of my stomach, and the butterflies breaking my skin free, wanting to escape in order to be free.

If this is how I feel when I dream of you, how might reality feel?

Wishes were meant to be made into reality, but my hopes and wishes only fade, gradually, and then entirely disappear into thin air. I wonder then, if my atrocious dreams will finally be able to evolve into reality.

I really hope that one day, I will wake up to your insistent snores and soft mutters. That your arms will be draped against my waist, and your legs intertwined with mine.

Is that a realistic dream?

Will I be able to make you eggs and bacon for breakfast, with a cup of my homemade orange juice? I know I cannot cook, but maybe, I will take lessons if it means that I am able to cook a meal for you.

It will be two more protracted days until January 1st, and a new year will mean unpredictable events.

But all I know is that 2011 will bring new adventures and though it is the end, it will be a beginning. All I hope is that it will be a beginning for you and me.

Love,

Nova