✎ letter 17

January 14th, 2011

Dear Ashton,

I have been hanging around you and your friends for the past week, and I feel an elation pumping through my veins. I really do not know if I have ever felt this happy in years — centuries even. And it is extremely peculiar, for I have spoken to you all only two weeks ago, and yet, I feel as though I have known you and your friends since forever.

You are all so different, yet you all fit together like a puzzle. And I have felt incomplete for as long as I remembered, and then you have magically appeared before my eyes. And before I knew it, you and your friends have made me feel unutterably complete, like I was the missing puzzle piece to your puzzle. Now here we are — all individuals, but all united as one.

That's the thing, I admire you and your friends, Ashton — all of your flaws to all of your essences.

There is Lia, with her mellow nature and compassionate heart. She is ebullient, and she knows how to make you smile, in spite of the negativity that ignites your thoughts. And I remember in the beginning of the week, she had invited me over to her house and delightfully told me stories of when she had accidentally shattered her house window. Long story short, she was playing fetch with her golden retriever, Ahsoka — I know, total Star Wars nerd — and whipped the tennis ball a little too hard at the frail glass. Later on, she had tried to conceal the horrifying destruction with plastic wrap. Let's just say her parents were fuming with blazing red displeasure when they had returned home to discover shards scattered across their lawn and saran wrap plastered to their window. It was scandalizing.

Then, there is Noah — notorious and infamous as the prankster of the group. He is hilarious, and no matter how shit the day has been, he knows how to make the absolute best of it. Like on Thursday, Ms. Morgan had given us a surprise pop quiz. After we had completed the quiz, Noah told me he had — and I quote — 'no fucking clue' what he was circling. Although, He did not shrug it off, but rather, was galvanized into asking me for assistance during one of our spares. And in spite of his unsatisfactory towards AP Chemistry, he was he unwavering and resolute. So when he had finally began to understand fragments of the subject, Noah was completely enlivened, and decided we must celebrate with pizza. Thereon, he was not devastated by his splintered understanding, but inspirited by his newfound understanding.

There is Grayson, whom is enticingly artistic. Quiet, but clever. And despite his silent demeanor — he rumbles with millions of thoughts. He draws, he sketches, he paints, and it is alluring. Everything, absolutely everything. In a way, he reminds me of bits and pieces of you and I. He draws, I write, and you sing. We are all connected, for we express ourselves in our own beauty-our talents. You have spoken to me about his uncivil attitude, and that he is much more courteous as you begin to understand him. Of course, Grayson has had his days in which he seems completely off-I've noticed. Even so, I have not pushed it further.

At last, there is you, Ashton. And I cannot put into words about how I perceive you, for I have written so much of you, but with already 17 letters, I cannot express in words about how wonderful you truly are. But I do know that you are Ashton, and there are no other words to describe you.

Perhaps your name is a word of its own.

Love,

Nova

A/N: I planned to not write a letter in this chapter. Although, two months of not updating was too much to handle, so in the end, I wrote a letter. Also, I'm going to focus soley on Dear Ashton until it is complete, so I won't be updating other stories. I'm planning to update once, twice, or three times a week.