16

I took a walk down to the cemetery at the bottom of the driveway, where I spent a large portion of my childhood before it was taken up by drinking with my old friends. It was more derelict that I remembered. More gravestones lay on the ground next to where they once were. Crusty flowers dried to the stone. It was in a pitiful state. But peaceful as it always had been. I wandered the graves, letting my fingers drag across the top of a few. A car pulling up at the yard grabbed my attention. A small blue car. Rachael's car.  Her dark hair was messily tied in a bun, her blue eyes shone brightly. She wore a black mini skirt, fish net tights, a white blouse and black boots. She hadn't aged a day. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She leaned up against the wall, looking on her phone, the same deep purple flip phone. I watched her from a distance, not wanting to disturb her, not wanting her to shun me away like she had all those years ago.

Another car pulled up soon after. A old red car, rusty around the edges. It looked like my old car. Rachael didn't look up from her phone, like she hadn't heard the car pull up. A boy got out, not more than seventeen, with black hair brushed into a fringe. He went up behind her and hugged her. That's when I realised that the memory of our break up was replaying. Was there actually people there? I curiously went towards them. Shaking my head, the hallucination of my memory went away. The woman was about my age. The man too. But he didn't have black hair, it was brown. That girl was Rachael but... that guy was defiantly not me. It was Kier.