Chapter 5

Colton's POV

It's been a long day and I just ever so desperately want to go to sleep. After me and Scarlet went downstairs, we had dinner with our parents and sat silently as they discussed their business. Scarlet spent the entire time picking at her nails or scowling at me. I gulped. I never meant to hurt her. She's so confusing. I've never met a girl like her before and honestly she scares me. 

I'm so confused. I don't understand what she wants from me. Upstairs, when we were together, I felt so weird. And then she kisses me... or at least I think she did. I'm not sure, I've never been kissed before. I don't know what its like. But then she ends up screaming at me, calling me a liar. I don't understand. 

Oh well, I excuse myself from the dinning room and say my goodnights as I hug and kiss my mother. She giggles and I smile. I say goodnight to Scarlet and she scoffs. I sigh frustrated and make my way upstairs to be stopped by Julie.

       "Colt! Baby, come here!"

I turn to see her giggling and hiccuping. My eyes furrow in confusion. I notice her red eyes and sloppy posture. My eyes widen. She's drunk. I can't let my mom and dad see her like this or else they will fire her. I grab her arm and start leading her upstairs and away from my parents. 

      "Where we goin sweet cheeks?"

      "Shh! Be quiet before we get caught!"

    "Oh okay... SHHHH!!! Hehe, I like this game."

I roll my eyes and continue to pull her upstairs. 

    "Sugar lips?"

I turn around to see Scarlet at the bottom of the steps with her eyebrow raised and her hands on her hips. 

    "Sugarrrr!!! I want sommeee! Colty can I have some sugar?"

Julie grabbed on my arm and fell into me. I held her to keep her from falling and she hiccuped. My face scrunched up in disgust. Why would she do this to herself?

   "No Julie, shush. Scarlet, please can you help me? She's drunk and my parents.. well if they see her like this.. ugh! I just.. please. Help me?"

I looked at her with begging eyes. Her eyes softened suddenly before hardening again. She rolled her eyes and scoffed while walking up the stairs.

   "She's your girlfriend dude, not mines. You figure it out."

She shoved past me and I looked to where she was walking away.

   "Girlfriend? Julie's not my girlfriend. I'm only 19! Julie's 25 for crying out loud! I'm not dating her! I've never even had a girlfriend before."

Scarlet's POV

I stopped walking. She's 25? Wow, I thought she was 18. I turned around and looked at him and that drunken mess of a girl. He huffed before running his hands through his hair. I bit my lip. Gosh, why is he so fucking hot? He knelt down and picked Jodie/Jamie up, carrying her bridal style. He continued walking up the stairs and stopped when he stood in front of me. He looked down at me with pleading eyes. I sighed.

    "Fine I'll help you and Jodie."

    "Julie."

   "Whatever, take her to your room. Imma go get her some water and aspirin."

He nodded and muttered a thank you before carrying Drunkie to his room. Hehe, drunkie. I like that. That's her new name. I tiptoed my way to the bathroom, making sure to be as silent as possible so my parents won't notice me. I grabbed the aspirin and then silently went to the kitchen to get a cup of water. The tiles were making my heels clack loudly so i took them off and carried them as I tiptoed to Colton's room.