Chapter 1

Scarlet's POV

    This isn't fair. I'm not going. I don't care how important this is to them, I'm not going to go. They can't just force me to go to France. It's gross over there! Like all they eat is snails. Blehh! No thanks. Screw this. Imma just call Betty over and..

                  "PSSSSTTTTTTTT!!!"

     What the hell is that? I look around to see what could have made that noise. Then a pebble hits my window. Okay, I ignore it and go to get my phone but then another pebble hits my window. What the actual fuck? This type of shit always happens in the movies when the girl is grounded so her boothang comes around and tries to convince her to leave the house. But last time I checked, I was single.

     I walk to my window and open it. I walk out onto my balcony and look down. There's no one there. Fucking shit. I'm going insane. I turn around and was about to walk inside when a pebble hits my back.

     "MIERDA!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!! WHOEVER DID THAT PREPARE TO DIE!" I was getting ready to jump off my balcony to go find the culprit, when my best friend Betty comes out with her hands up.

      "Woah there! Chill babe! It was just me. Sorry, I didn't know that I was gonna hit ya." She giggles and I roll my eyes.

       "You're so lucky I love you or else you would be dead right now," she laughs some more and I join. "So what the hell are you doing here mamita?"

       "Waiting for your bumass to come downstairs and let me inside."

       "Why don't you just climb up to the balcony. I'll let down some rope or something."

      "Bitch you crazy! This ain't no fucking rapunzel. Get your ass down here and open the fucking door!"

 I laugh and nod. I close the window and make my way downstairs. I walk past my mom and she smiles at me and tries to say something. But i roll my eyes and ignore her. I go to the backdoor where Betty is and open it. She jumps into my arms.

       "ROSEY POSEY!" 

I cringe at the nickname that she has given me years ago and she laughs.

    "BETTY BOO!" 

She cringes at her nickname and I laugh. She joins in and we just stay there laughing then I suddenly stop. If I'm leaving to France, that means I'm leaving Betty Boo too. She suddenly notices that I've stopped laughing and she she stops too. Her face grows with worry and concern

      "What's wrong Scar?" 

     "Come with me."

Before she can say anything i drag her upstairs to my room. She tries to say hi to my mom but i start running faster and she ends up yelping instead. When we finally reach my room, I push her in, lock the door and then turn to face her. She looks at me confused. She turns to see an empty suitcase on my bed and her eyes widen.

     "Scar... what's going-"

     "I need your help."

Colton POV

     "Colton dear. Sweetie, wake up. Love? Please, baby wake up. Colton?... Colton? COLTON WAKE UP! BABY! CALM DOWN! IT'S OKAY! MOMMY IS HERE! ERIC! COME IN HERE NOW!" 

I can hear my mothers voice but I can't respond. I try to open my eyes but I can't. I need to hide. He's going to find me.

      "Lucile! What's wrong?!?"

     "Eric! He won't wake up! He's... he's! LOOK! He's sweating! ERIC! HE'S CRYING! PLEASE.. I.. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" 

      "Call our doctor! Go now! Colton... COLTON! WAKE UP MY BOY! Lucile get me some water!"

I hear my mom and dad walking around the room and arguing. They need to leave.. they need to ru-

     "AHHHHH! WHAT THE?"

My eyes are now wide open and I jolt up from my bed, shivering. They poured cold water on me?

     "Oh my baby! You're okay!" My mom starts crying and runs my to hug my now cold and wet body. I hug her back. 

     "Yeah, of course I'm okay. I was hid- I mean yeah. I'm fine."

I look down at my mom and smile. I wipe away her tears and kiss her forehead. She hugs me tighter. My dad pats my shoulder.

    "Colton, what happened this time? And don't say it was just another nightmare. I used to have nightmares all the time and I've never acted the way you did."

    "No, it really was a nightmare dad... just a really scary one. Don't worry though. I'm pretty sure they will eventually go away." 

My dad looked at me unsure and I smiled at him. He eventually gives up and sighs. He smiles back.

    "Alright then. But please, try to not have another one. You nearly gave me and your mom a heartattack."

 I smile sheepishly, "Sorry. I'll try to control it." My dad smiles and nods. 

    "Okay, don't forget that by tomorrow morning the Roses will be coming, ok? They have a child that is around your age. Give or take a year or so. I would like you to plan out some things for you two to do since they've never been to Paris before."

    "Okay, but why couldn't we go meet them in America? I mean, it's not a problem really, but I just miss our home." 

My dad sighs and my mom finally pulls a little bit away from our hug.

   "Oh sweetie. Don't worry. We will be back in America by next year ok?" My mom smiles at me and I smile back. She's so beautiful and sweet and kind and delicate. Like a china doll. I love her so much. I kiss her forehead and nod. She pulls away and goes to my father. She hugs him and pecks his cheek. He beams at her.

Ahh, its so refreshing to see two people truly in love because in this generation there is just so much cheating and what now. This is another reason why I've never had a girlfriend. I want to wait and find my special someone. My soulmate. My mom and dad exit my room and let me get ready for my day. 

I take a quick shower and do my other morning routines and then I open my French tourguide book that I got two years ago when we first came here. I put on my glasses and grab a highlighter. I start planning on where I should take the Rose child. Hmmm, I wonder where he would want to go? I don't know anything about him. Oh well.. I'll just take him to all the basic tourist sites. 

I close the book and head downstairs to help our maid, Julie, prepare the house for our guests tomorrow. I hope they're nice, I'm not good at being social when it comes to meeting new people, or really anyone for that matter. Oh well, I'll just try my best.

************************************************************************************************************

Okay! So heyyyyy! Haha, uhmm.. its kind short but it will start getting longer later on. But have you guys ever had a nightmare so bad that you would wake up screaming? I  never did but my friend did. She was sleeping over once and the next thing i know its 3 in the morning and she jolts up screaming. I was like woah bro! Lmfao, but yeah. I update everyday. So comment, like, follow, vote, and all that good stuff.

LEGGO!

xoxox,

ItsComplicated_D2D