Chapter 13

Colton's POV

"There's this man...."

"What man Julie?"

"Well.. uhh..."

"...yeah...?"

I lean in closer and wait for her to answer me. I take note of how she's looking everywhere and at everything except for me and my direction. She suddenly becomes very interested in the place mate on the table and starts to gently wipe her hand across it. As if she's trying to clean the imaginary dust that has fallen on the precious, delicate piece of material.

"Julie... who's this man?"

"Well.. he's... I met him a few..."

"Wait.. is this man your new partner? Are you two an item?"

"Wait... what? Colton... I..."

"Oh Julie. That's wonderful baby girl! Awh! How cute are you? You get all nervous just thinking about him, huh? Wow.. he must be a really special guy."

"Colton.. but.. I.. n-"

"Oh hush Jules. Here I am speaking of me and only me, disregarding the fact that you haven't spoken at all. Oh wow, I'm so sorry. I'm talking about all my problems and never giving you a chance to speak. Wow, okay forget about my problems. Tell me about this guy. Will I meet him soon? I hope so considering I'm your bestfriend and all. Geez why haven't you told me sooner?"

Julie's POV

I'm lost for words. What the hell makes him think I have a boyfriend? Out of all these years being single and waiting for him I would suddenly give up and date some man? Well not just any man. Some psycho killer whom his Scarlet just so happens to be cozy with. Ugh.. he's still talking. Don't get me wrong. I love hearing Colton talk but geez!!!

"Well.. Julie? Wait.. I'm babbling aren't I? My apologies. Now please... do tell. I'll be quiet i swear."

He pretends to zip his lips and then goes into his pocket searching for an imaginary key. Once he finds it, he locks his lips and then throws away the key. I look at him with an amused expression on my face and he smiles and bursts out laughing. I join him.

"Oh Colton.. here I am trying to have a serious conversation and you just-"

Colton phone rings and he picks it up, giving me an apologetic look. I roll my eyes at him and he pretends to be shocked and sticks his tongue out at me. I laugh. He's so cute.

"Hello, this is Colton. May I ask who is speaking?........... Betty? I don't know a Betty. I think you may have the wrong num-..... Scarlet?...... Wait what? Slow down-.............. Who is this?..... Ben. What's going on?...... Oh for the love of- Ok, ok..... Well take her home then!.... No.. welll where else is she suppose to go? You can't just-.... She didn't take any money with her..... Oh for heaven sakes! Where are you now?..... Okay. Okay. I'm on my way. Stay put. Actually no. Go home.... Yes I know just trust me. I'll handle it. I'll be there before you guys don't worry. Start heading home in 15 minutes..... Yeah. Okay.Goodbye."

Colton hangs up his phone and stuffs it in his pocket. He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. Keeping it there for a moment before slightly tugging at it and groaning while he stands up.

"Julie.. I'm so sorry but I have to go."

"Um okay. What's going on?"

"Scarlet seems to have gotten into some trouble and spent all her money so I have to catch a cab and call the precient and take care of it. I also need to get home and deal with the man who she got in trouble with before my parents or her parents find out."

"Oh okay.., wait.. wha-what man?"

"I don't know. An old friend of hers? I swear she's insane. I hope he didn't hurt her... Actually knowing Scarlet, he's probably the one who's hurt. I'm sorry Julie.. I need to leave... like 2 minutes ago."

He starts to walk up and I jump up and follow him offering to go with him and help. He sighs and pauses to hug me and say thank you and then continues walking with me following close behind. A man.. could it be? It probably is... I know it's him. It must be. He's gonna hurt Colton. No.. he's not. I won't let him.

************************************************************************************************************

I feel like I leave y'all with a lot of cliff hangers. Lol so I thought i posted this a while ago but I didn't so here it is. I'll try to post an extra long one tmmr since its xmas but no promises. Lol, okay so bye y'all. Comment. Vote. Follow. Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!

xoxo,

ItsComplicated_D2D