one

I feel the wind toss my hair around as I lie in a field of flowers. It was so nice to get out in the open, and really forget about real life. Not thinking about school and having to go to college, not thinking about my dear mother, not thinking. Just lying here. The wind stills and I begin to hear someone sifting through the waist-high flowers.

I look up to see a guy, entirely nude. His lower half is covered with flowers, so all I see is some of his abs and his chest. And his gorgeous face and chiseled features. He looks softly into my eyes and simply says:

"Wake up."

"I can't, it's so nice here," I say.

"Jay, wake up," he says again, this time more urgent. Suddenly, the entire field of flowers wilts and thundering clouds begin booming. My vision blackens and I jolt upwards.

"Thanks for joining us again, Jay," the teacher says and I mumble something indiscernible, and the class laughs. He makes them settle down and continues teaching. I rub my eyes and run the fact that I fucking hate history class through my head repeatedly. My friend Jessie taps my shoulder.

"So, where did you go?" she asks.

"What do you mean?" I question back.

"In your sleep you said you didn't want to wake up, it was too nice." I blush at what she says, remembering the gorgeous male I saw above me. I immediately shake the thought of that man being Mr. Larson, the actual person who woke me. Not the beautiful man I saw, he was perfect.

"I was lying in a field of beautiful flowers, every color you can think of. Then someone came up to me and told me to wake up." My face feels hot, thinking 'if only it were real'.

"Was it Mr. Larson?" she asks with a giggle.

"No, just some guy," I say and she fake gasps.

"He was nude, wasn't he?" she blurts and I swat her hand as she shoves my shoulders.

"Shut up, Jess," I bark and Mr. Larson calls us out and I point at her and she points at me. She's so wild sometimes.

At the end of class, after suffering through a lecture I barely paid attention to, I leave the room and enter the hall. Jessie grabs the sleeve of my hoodie and pulls herself next to me. She questions me relentlessly about the mystery man in my dream and I keep telling her to shut up. She's been egging me on whether I was gay and she's determined that I am. I keep telling her otherwise, but now it's almost like she's confirmed it.

"Look Jessie, sometimes dreams don't mean anything. Yes, the guy was naked in a field of flowers and if I've ever heard anything gay in my life, that was it. But trust me, I'm not." When I say that, I turn to look in front of me and I see a guy walking in the opposite direction on the other side of the hall. My jaw drops and the entire world slows down.

Passing me is a guy with a chiseled jaw, dark brown curls atop his beautiful face, and very full, pink lips. He is slightly shorter than me, and his backpack pulls his shirt so that I can see the outline of his chest. His sea-green eyes connect with my brown ones and I blush. He gives me an odd smile, obviously because I was looking at him like he was a work of art, which he was.

'That's the guy... from my dream!'

Once Jessie and I reach our next class, she punches my arm. "What the fuck was that, Jay?" she asks way too loudly.

"Shut up," I grumble. We sit down next to each other at the back of the room as usual and she never takes her eyes off of me. I sigh. "Okay, I'm not gonna lie. I may be... gay." I whisper the last word and her face lights up.