chapter 8; Shopping

She started cutting and doing her work withought talking, I saw my hair being cut off and falling to the floor where it would later end up in a trash can. She kept doing her work while I was daydreaming, wondreing what tomorows test would be. I'm not sure how much time passed before she finally told me she was done, breaking me away from my daydream.

  I looked up and could not believe what I saw. That could seriously not be my hair. Was the mirror under some kind of black magic spell that made me see things? I sat there staring at myself in the huge mirror in front of me. Ollie walked up to me and looked at the mirrow, he smiled and I was sure he liked my hair.

  My hair was now a black color along with the blue highlights that Ollie had told me about. It was in layers and ended up being only a little lower than my shoulder and had a lot of layers, some of it was covering my right eye and I must admit that I liked it... A little.

  "Perfect!" He whispered.

  "So you like it?" The woman who had done my hair asked.

  "Yes." Bot Ollie and I said at the same time.

  "Ok then, you're ready and you can go pay the rest now." She said and then left to another customer.

  I walked over to the table with the cash register. The girl that had once been here was gone so I was standing there with Ollie.

  "So, why did I ned a haircut?" I asked pulling on a strand of his hair.

  "You should stop asking because you already got it." Ho told me and started pulling on a strand of my hair.

  "But-" I started but a new voice interrupted me.

  "Hi guys!" A 20 year old looking girl greeteed us. Her bright red curly hair bouncing with every step. She sat down on the chair and I handed Ollie my $50 to pay for my haircut while I waited outside. I watched them both as the girl took the money and gave Ollie the change. They both kept talkiong and I could tell Ollie was faking a smile as I watched from outside.

  The way the girl was sitting, smiling, and playing with her hair showed that she was obviously flirting with him. Ollie looked like he needed some help there, he looked so awkward. Here I go to the rescue!

  Ready... Set... Go! I opened the door and walked towards Ollie. He had been stuck in a conversation with this girl for about 10 minutes. I grabbed his wrist. He looked at me and moved his hair from his eyes begging me to help him. I mentally smiled at this and gently pulled him motioning us to go.

  "I gotta go, bye!" He said at the girl and walked out with me.

  I turned around to see the girl glaring at me. She looked jealous! Her hazel eyes were burning on the back of my head. She was probably mad I went and saved Ollie.

  "Thanks for saving me!" He whispered at me once we left that place.

  "She lookde so mad at me when I went in to help you!" I laughed once we were safely away from the hair salon.

  We both went and sat down on the tables in the mall. People all around us were eating chinese food or any other fast food you could buy in here. The place wasn't that bad except for the girl behind the cash register that was flirting with Ollie. There were people who turned and looked at us maybe beacuse of our hair, but it didn't bother me.

  Ollie got some green stuff from his pockets and handed it to me. Money. I looked down to notice that they were the same $50 I handed to Ollie so he could pay for my haircut. I got a little mad.

  "Ollie?!"

  "What did I do now?" He inocently asked.

  "You paid for my haircut!"