Chapter 26; Kill To Survive

"You killed someone." I whispered, not turning to look at him.

"What?" He asked so confused.

"Who did you kill?"

"I can't say," He finally told me after a few seconds.

"But you killed someone and acted as if you've never killed anyone, you even told me you didn't regret it."

"I-"

"Why?" I interrupted him.

"Because you know that if you don't pass a test you are instantly killed. I didn't want to die, its that simple."

"But you killed an innocent person!"

"They person I killed wasn't so innocent."

"What?"

"I had to kill to survive."

"No you didn't. You're a murder now." I told him and walked away leaving him alone in the kitchen.

Jace was sitting in on the sofa as if nothing was wrong but everything's was wrong now, I couldn't look at him the same way I could just minutes ago. Ollie was sitting next to him, I would have to talk to him about it later. Once I was done talking to Jace.

"You did it too, didn't you?" I asked him as I stood between him and the tv.

"Did what?"

"Kill someone."

"Don't act like its a big deal, each and every one of us had done it too." This was a different side of Jace, one I had never seen before. He stood up from the sofa and walked over to stand I front of me.

"It is a big deal!" I screamed at him.

"No it's not! It had to be done!" He screamed back at me.

"Why would you do it?" I questioned him, now scared because I never knew that Jace would be capable of killing people, anyone.

"I had to do it! Is that hard to understand that I had to do it and you're going to do it too?" He angrily told me then walked away, leaving the door open.

I turned to look at Ollie and he looked at me too, he was about to say something I walked off not wanting to hear anything he said. They were all killers, I was living with killers, I had been living with killers for so long yet barely found out. I angrily slammed my door and made sure to lock the door so no one would get in. At least I hoped nobody would get in.

Ollie had said he didn't technically do it but he had passed it so could this mean that Ollie was the only one in this house who didn't kill anyone? And if Ollie was the only one who didn't kill anyone then that meant that Sheldon had also killed someone. Which meant that I had been living with murders and Ollie could possibly be the only one who hadn't killed any one but why was Blake telling me to not hang pout with Ollie? Blake had said that I wouldn't pass the last test...

I needed to talk to Ollie but I just couldn't bring myself to get out of my room. It was the only place I felt safe, but I knew that Ollie would come in soon. I had to talk to him, ask him if he had killed anyone. I stood up and closed the door to the balcony.

"Ava, can I come in?" Ollie asked from the other side of the door.

I needed to talk to him but at the same time I wanted to push him away and stay here alone but I needed answers so I took a deep breath and quickly opened the door to let him in. He carefully walked in as if I would scream at him any moment.

"You said you didn't technically kill anyone. Did you or did you not kill anyone?" I asked him and stood in the doorway so the only other way out was the balcony doors, I knew he could jump out the balcony doors but I knew he wouldn't do that.

"I- I didn't." He whispered.

"But if you didn't then why- how did you pass?" If he didn't kill anyone then how was he still alive?

"The person I was supposed to kill died before I could kill them. I wasn't going to kill anyone, I was actually going to let them live and I knew what would happen to me if I did but s- the person died the day before the deadline." He trailed off, still looking at me.

"You're the only one who hasn't killed anyone?" I whispered, I didn't know what to think anymore. It was as if the only person I could trust was Ollie.

"Yeah, that's why my eye color is different from them." He said taking another step closer.

"I-" I didn't know what to say. "I don't want to kill anyone." I told him, my eyes started getting watery making my vision blurry. I didn't want to kill anyone. I started crying and couldn't help myself. "Ollie, I don't want to kill anyone." I repeated and hugged him, now crying on his shoulder.

"You might not have to." He whispered, hugging me back tightly.

"What does that mean?" I asked him, taking a step away from him to look at him.

"You'll see." He told me and hugged me once again.

And once again everything felt better. Once again there was nothing bothering me because everything felt so right here with him. Everything was perfect until Sheldon walked in the door and said the words I didn't want to hear.

"Ava, Lucifer's calling."

~~~~

A/N: You didn't expect that! :) Well, please read: I'm going to Mexico for about a week so I will be leaving the 12th, there's a small chance that I might not update on Friday the 11th and I might return the 21st or 22nd, so there's a HUGE chance that I will not update friday, 18th. Sorry! :/ Anyways, Vote? Comment? Thanks! ^.^