Chapter 25; Secret's Out

Ollie took me to the park, it was quiet and there wasn't anyone here. I liked it. The trees were tall giving everything shade and the grass looked just perfect, everything about this park was just perfect. We walked around the park quietly, just admiring everything around us. "So, why this place?" I asked him after some minutes of silence. "Just because it's beautiful and I wanted to talk to you about some things." He simply replied.

"Ok... What are we going to talk about?" I asked him.

"The last test."

"We're not allowed to talk about that, you know that." I didn't want to get Ollie in trouble by talking about the last test and I also knew that I, too, would get in trouble.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to say what it is or anything that gives it away. It's just that I heard you talking to Jace and Blake about it." He told me.

"Yeah, we were talking about it. I was wondering what you thought about it." I told him honestly.

"I didn't technically do it but I passed it because I guess I just got lucky." He said and looked down.

"There's more to that, right?"

"Yeah. I'm just hoping that what happened to me also happens to you because I don't want to see you do it. I don't want to see you waking up in the middle of the night crying because of what you have done. The last test is the worst and I just wished that there was some way for you not to have to go through it because I don't want to see you suffer."

"You don't have to worry about me, I'll be fine."

"I know I don't have to but I do, I worry about you because I love you." He let go of my hand and held my face.

"I love you too." I whispered and hugged him.

Whatever this last test was, I didn't like it at all. I was already nervous about it because I really wanted to know what it was. I wanted to know why Blake, Jace, and Ollie had completely different thoughts about it. Blake didn't say anything about how this last test was the worst and neither did Jace.

We kept walking around the park until we reached a playscape. There were kids of all ages running around and parents talking along with other people walking their dogs or just hanging out. "I like this place." I told Ollie. "Yeah, there's also a pool over there." He pointed towards the other side of the playscape where a fence was visible but the pool wasn't.

"How did you find this place?"

"People."

"Smart." I told him and we kept on walking around.

We walked past the pool and just kept walking with ought having a destination. I was glad that it helped me forget about our earlier conversation as we just kept talking about ourselves and nothing else.

"Time to go back." He told me after we had spent a few hours walking around the park.

"But I don't want to go back!" I wined.

"Doesn't matter, we're going back home." He told me and pulled me back towards the way we had come from.

~~~~

We made it back home in 2 hours, it took so long because I kept getting 'distracted' by nature and just had to stop at every single flower I saw until Ollie picked me up bridal style and took me back home.

"What took you guys so long?" Sheldon asked as we walked into the kitchen.

"Nature." I replied as dramatically as I could.

"And sugar. I gave her some candy on the way here." Ollie told him.

"That was not really a good idea, she looks drunk." Jace said as he walked in the kitchen.

"I'm not drunk!" I told him and nearly tripped on my own shoes because the chair was in the way. "The chair was in the way!" I explained but he just laughed and walked back to the living room.

"Ava, I need to talk to you." Sheldon told me putting his book down for the first time.

"I'll be watching whatever Jace is watching..." Ollie trailed off and walked off to the living room.

"Yeah?" I asked him and sat down next to him.

"The last test. There's lots of people who don't pass this test and I'm just hoping that you pass it." He told me.

"I've passed all the other tests, what's so different about this one?" I questioned him.

"Because on this test you have to kill somebody." He told me seriously.

"What?" I whispered, what does that mean? "Do we have to kill someone random or something like that?"

"It's much worse than that."

"It doesn't make sense, what's worse than killing when we have to kill?"

"Your question didn't make any sense." He sighed. "And that's all I'm allowed to tell you."

"What?! There has to be more you can tell me about it!" I told him, grabbing on to his arm.

"You won't know more about this last test until next week." He told me.

I let go of his arm and leaned back on the chair. "So you're saying that I have to kill someone on the last test but that's not even the worst part about it?"

"You're not going to believe it when you find out." He whispered then disappeared along with his book.

"What?" I questioned but nobody gave me an answer and nobody will give me an answer.

So on my final test I had to kill someone. What did Blake and Jace say about it? Hold on! Blake and Jace had said that they didn't regret doing that. By that I mean their last test. Blake didn't regret doing his last test but Jace didn't know if he did. This meant that I had been living with murderers?

"Hey." Blake said from behind me but I didn't move a muscle. Everything I had thought about them was wrong. But what about Ollie?

~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the late update, I was planning on finishing this chapter earlier today (Or yesterday since it's 12:40 am right now) but there were some things I had to do and so many distractions (by that I mean that my sister was being a butt) anyways, I love this new Wattpad update, it seems very organized but that might just be me. So yeah. Blake and Jace have killed people, what about Ollie? Haha, anyways vote? comment? thanks! ^.^