Chapter 20; Shoes

"Your test is tomorrow." Sheldon said as he stood outside my door.

"Tomorrow? But.... Isn't it s bit early?" I asked as I looked around my room for my shoes, they were nowhere to be found.

"Yes but I don't control that. Jace has your shoes." He walked away.

"That... buttface!" I screamed and ran down the hallway to his room.

The door was locked. I started knocking on the door waiting for him to answer it. There was no noise. "Jace open the door!" I screamed. Still nothing.

"What are you doing? I can hear your screams from downstairs."

I immediately turned around. I should've known that Jace would be downstairs watching a movie. He casually leaned against the wall.

"I need my shoes."I told him.

"Don't know what you're talking about." He said and walked back downstairs.

I followed him to the living room. It was too quiet here and the tv was paused. "what are you watching?" I asked him.

"Your face." He replied and pressed play.

"I need my shoes now."

"Don't know where they're at."

I walked over to the kitchen and looked through the drawers where I knew Sheldon kept a key of every room. I smiled when I found the keys, I didn't know which one it was but I had found the keys. I put them in my back pocket and walked back to the living room.

"Where's Blake?" I asked him.

"Out."

With that I walked upstairs and down the hall to his room. I pulled out the keys from my pocket and put in the first key.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked from behind me making me jump and drop the keys. I turned around just to make sure that it was Ollie not Jace.

"You scared me!" I whispered and bent down to grab the keys.

I put the key in again and turned the doorknob, it didn't work. I grabbed the second key and tried again. It also didn't work.

"So, what are you doing?" He repeated as he watched me put in the next key.

"Looking for my shoes." I told him.

"That sounds fun." He laughed. "Don't you have other shoes?"

"Yeah but I want to wear these." I whined.

The door finally oped and I took a step inside. It looked just like my room but there was a bunk bed and clothes all over the floor which I guessed were Jace's. The room was already messy.

My shoes were on top of the bottom bed where Jace probably slept on, if he slept at all. I grabbed them and ran out of the room, making sure to lock the door once again.

"And you're doing that just for those shoes?" Ollie asked and took the keys from my hand.

"Yes, I am." I hugged him and walked downstairs with my shoes in my hands, Ollie right behind me.

"Jace! I found my shoes!" I screamed at him and sat on the sofa to put them on.

"What? How'd you get in my room?"

"I know people." I answered as I tied my shoelaces. He looked at me then at Ollie.

"Did you help her?" He asked him.

"No, I just watched." He simply replied as I finished tying my other shoe's shoelace.

I grabbed Ollie's hand and pulled him to the kitchen to hide the keys once again. "What are you doing today?" Ollie asked me.

"Uh, I'm going over the rules again with Sheldon. My test is tomorrow." I turned around and hugged him.

"Good luck. I have things to do so I won't see you tomorrow either." He said and took a step back.

"Good luck to you too." I told him. He walked out to the back yard and disappeared.

"You ready to go over this one more time?" Sheldon walked in the kitchen and sat down on the chair closest to the back door.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I told him and sat down opposite of him.

"Ok, how do you do it?" He asked leaning back on the chair.

I sighed and said the steps I had memorized over the week. "Name the doll, wait till 3 am, put it in the water filled tub, turn off all light and go hide..."